Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't seem to me that Subaru is putting any marketing muscle behind the XV Crosstrek. Every national commercial I see features the Outback...when I hear the local dealer ads for Subaru, it is always about the Outback too...

When I see the thread about spotting other XV's on the road, it seems like we are the poor stepchild...even Outback owners I pass on the road seem to ignore the XV..

I think we may be a very well kept secret..I like being part of an exclusive club!!

RR

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yeah, there isn't much out for the Crosstrek. There are one or two commercials that have the XV in them, but the commercial isn't actually about the car but rather the Subaru lifestyle. Other than that I have seen a couple internet spots for the Crosstrek, but nothing widespread. I know they are selling really well, though, so maybe Subaru doesn't see the need to dump a lot of money into them quite yet. Maybe the 2014 model will bring in some adverts, though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
RalphRotten said:
I think we may be a very well kept secret..I like being part of an exclusive club!!

RR
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
--Groucho Marx :p

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've seen a few xv billboards where I work/live in LA/Orange county. No tv spots though.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I've never seen one on tv, or in a print ad. The only ads Ive seen are the ones posted here. In fact, I had no idea the car existed until a coworker of mine mentioned it when discussing my car search.

·
Registered
159 Posts
kyakdvl said:
I've seen this one a lot. Sadly, I didn't even realize it was a Crosstrek in the commercial until I owned one.
Whether it specifically mentions the Crosstrek or not, that's definitely a great ad ... almost guaranteed to make you misty-eyed.

As for the lack of ads in general, I'd say it's a good sign -- it likely means that the Crosstrek is selling really well without the need for heavy marketing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts