Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a US spec 2021 Crosstrek Sport with the optional 8" display and have a few Starlink questions/issues.

What is the latest version number of the Starlink softtware? Mine is currently: REL_UA.20.38.70

I attempted to check for a SW update hoping it would either tell me I was on the latest version or download an updated version, but the update check failed. I used my 5G mobile device as a WiFi hotsspot and there was a successful connection. When I selected the "Check For Update" button, it came back with a "Download Failed" error. Anyone known how to resolve this error? Any suggestions are appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
2021 Crosstrec Premium
19 Posts
I was disappointed in the uplink as well. I kept getting some kind of odd message, so left it alone. Something about my wifi had to be turned off, so I did, and it still sent the same message I have no real plans on using it, but have 3 years from the dealer.
Subaru app seems pretty useless. Android auto seems kinda lame other than the map showing on the dash display. Otherwise, everything I want to do is available by bluetooth connection.
I could be missing some things, but scheduling a service that I don't want isn't a real bonus. I was told at 6 months, 1000 miles or 6000 miles I had to get service or they would drop the complementary offer. Not all that impressed with that, but i wasn't asked.

·
Registered
2021 Ice Silver Crosstrek Sport
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW..I found documentation that REL_UA.20.38.70 is the latest version of the firmware.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts