Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do YOU use to clean/treat/protect your leather interior?

I've read the Aerospace 303 testimonials, and see that it's good for almost everything (improved fuel economy, ending world hunger, etc) and I'll probably try that for the leather interior. When I had my Harley I used Lexol products on the saddle bags with great success, but they got REALLY dirty and seemed to be a more porous grade or finish.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I use Turtle Wax ICE Interior spray. Has UV protection and claims you can use it on any surface. So I spray everything on the inside with it. Doesn't leave an oily finish either, so I'm happy.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I don't have leather in my XV, but I did in my Infiniti G35. I used some kind of Armor All interior leather wipes ONCE and it was awful. Made the seats super oily and slick and didn't smell great. I don't remember what I ended up using after that so I am not much of a big help, but I will say don't use those wipes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out the products from Poorboy's and Griot's Garage. I've use both for years, and I've had great results. You can find them, plus a lot more, at Autogeek.com. Wait for their sales/free shipping to get the best price. I've also seen Griot's stuff at Advance auto.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love Aerospace 303, so much better than any armor all stuff, and it doesn't live everything greasy and slippery. Plus it works great on all interior and exterior plastic, leather, rubber, etc.....

I started using it my tractor when I got it a few months back and I was very impressed by it and now use it on our cars inside and out also, and it seems to do pretty good on leather too.

Maybe I should be looking for an orange XV to match the Kubota instead of a dark grey or silver one???? LOL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't forget that the leather in our cars is treated. So the overpriced leather treatments aren't worth the extra time, money etc. Any mild cleaner followed by a good uv inhibitor will keep everything looking good for years. My weapon of choice has been 303 Protectant for over 10 years. My wife's 7 year old CRV has seats that look like new because of regular use.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts