Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the leather seats in the Limited edition ALL leather? Seems to be two slightly different materials, the edge maybe leather and the centre of the seat maybe a synthetic leather? Anybody know?

·
Registered
811 Posts
It's leather seating surfaces. I believe the sides and back are not true leather. I hope some will come along and say I'm wrong cause that would be a plus. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you read the XV brosures, and for that matter all the Subie's you'll see the description "leather trimmed" or "leather seating surfaces". This means the only leather you'll find is where your butt and back contact the seat. And, that may or may not include the rear seat.
It's not just Subie's. Almost all the manuf. will have the same statements concerning their "leather". You won't find "all leather" until you get into the high priced vehicles.
Really, when you think about it, there's no reason to put leather on the rear of the seat backs or door panels that get scuffed very easily. Scuff marks from shoes, ect., are the devil to get out of leather. Also, when it stains, it stains forever.
Even the high priced after market covers are only leather on the seat fronts, never the backs unless you want to pay big bucks for the upgrade.
Grumpaw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts