Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 18 Subaru Crosstrek Limited, and the driver's side headlight went out two weeks ago. Came back on after two days, then went out again. After researching found out could be a leveler that's the problem, then it turns off the headlight. So now every time I start the vehicle, I press the SRH button to turn the swiveling feature off. This does fix the issue, but I have to press the button every time I start the vehicle. Went to my dealer today, and they told me the entire headlight assembly has to be replaced but they don't know the exact cause of it. I have 40,800 miles on it, out of bumper to bumper warranty, and they won't cover any of the cost. The cost before tax is $1,430.54 installed. Of course I am highly upset, and told them not getting it fixed for that price. Anybody else having this issue? I sent an email to Subaru corporate today regarding this but I don't expect them to want to pay any of it so I'm going to shop for a used Lexus RX.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So lemme ask you this.... if you replaced the aftermarket LEDs with the OEM incandescent headlight bulbs.... would the issue continue???
If it resolves the issue, is it really worth replacing the Crosstrek with the Lexus?? If you response is yes..... then I'm inclined to believe you really
didn't want a Crosstrek.
Good luck with whatever you drive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So lemme ask you this.... if you replaced the aftermarket LEDs with the OEM incandescent headlight bulbs.... would the issue continue???
If it resolves the issue, is it really worth replacing the Crosstrek with the Lexus?? If you response is yes..... then I'm inclined to believe you really
didn't want a Crosstrek.
Good luck with whatever you drive.

The LED's are OEM, have the Limited model. Bought in summer of 17. There are things I like, and things I don't like about it. I did love it for a while, but like everything, sometimes you get tired of it, but has to do with some issues. The paint job is horrible, getting chips on hood, or areas where stones don't fly up, chips easily. Mileage in winter my computer shows between 17-19 mpg, same trip in summer is 25 but this is going to work and back over a small mountain. When I'm interstate driving I get 33. The CVT is ok, would rather a regular automatic, but I had to try before I judged it. A new issue just two days ago, the passenger illumination heated seat button just went out, the heated seat itself works, just the button is dark. Should not have happened with today LED bulbs, especially since they are dull and not super bright like you want headlights or flashlights. I would understand better if the vehicle was 6+ years old with a lot more mileage but seeing little things already. Since I will be driving longer distances to visit family, etc., the Lexus is a better cruiser long distance. I took the Crosstrek to MI, and also to FL from PA, and it was pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts