Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Well.... you have options..... 8)

oh... and Bob ( RubySu ).... DON'T START!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Haha someone will chime in on that one eventually! :-X

There are plenty of ways to mount lights. Especially the LED bars. They are pretty slim, easy to mount (just two bolts), and easy to wire. Really the only reason I don't have one is cost! I can't fork that much for a light bar right now (I just bought all my F1 tickets!)

·
Registered
927 Posts
LOL!! I know....

The nice thing about LED's is the fact that they have a minimal amp draw on a circuit. There a many LED light bars on the market for numerous applications... from driving to fogs to DRL's. Cost has a wide range, depending on brand and primary use. I have seen driving light bars around $1000. Of course they are for off-road use only, but a quality set of LED's can run $300-$400 with ease.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Ummm... ;D ;D

Hey Chris, looks cool! Better run it by the wife first!

·
Registered
927 Posts
RubySu said:
Ummm... ;D ;D

Hey Chris, looks cool! Better run it by the wife first!

Yeah Chris.... ASK the WIFE FIRST..... or you may be taking them back..... Like me.... :'(

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
I don't mind LED's taking over automotive lighting. In fact, I would prefer LED's become the standard.

However, I am a bit of a nitpick... I feel that for an off-road/off-pavement application, the use of large, oversized lighting is more beneficial, as distribution of light is better and any debris that would block the source of light affects the performance less on a large lamp than a compacted high power LED lamp.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I don't like how the LED bar is mounted on the outside of the mesh in that pic, just looks funny to me. If it was mounted on the inside just as an accent light, that could be cool, but then I realize you lose any actual practicality of the light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
800 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
I don't like how the LED bar is mounted on the outside of the mesh in that pic, just looks funny to me. If it was mounted on the inside just as an accent light, that could be cool, but then I realize you lose any actual practicality of the light.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I agree with you there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts