Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The LED's showed up for the map, dome, and cargo area. Much brighter I think.

See these little tabs on the lens?

Be sure you're pushing on these, not the whole assembly for the light.

Lit up, no lens:

The LED's are a hair bigger than the stock bulbs so, you'll have to spring the clips back little when you install them. That seemed the case for all 4 lights.

Here are the tabs on the map light lens.

All in all, a good upgrade. The light was making a shadow with the shift lever in the day time so I think they're brighter.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Heh ... I wish I'd seen this post a couple of days ago, before I spent time trying to pry the entire dome light off instead of just the lens. :)

Anyhow, I installed the Autogoody set that's on eBay, and I agree that they're an improvement. All of the lights are brighter, though I wish the cargo light were even brighter still. The map lights, OTOH, are almost a little too bright now ...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I put these in my Jeep and they were almost like a spot light, just shining down in a beam. Have you found that to be the case?

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Be sure to pay attention to the number of LEDs on each bulb..the cargo light go as bright (I use 15 led ones) and for my reverse lights same 15..but 15 on the map lights are brutal 9s give you a way crisper and easier to handle white light

They are really cheap on amazon for a set of 10 and since most of the bulbs are the same around the vehicle you can put them to good use !

·
Registered
47 Posts
great post, I was going to do this on mine, now I'm going to order!

As for LED's dimming, most 12v ones do (that I have seen). The regular 115v household ones are hit and miss though most newer ones do...to a point fading down. Over half of my house is lit by either LED bulbs or LED strips.

I was actually contemplating adding a red LED strip to the foot well of the car to light up on entry. I don't know how it would look though.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sneezy said:
great post, I was going to do this on mine, now I'm going to order!

As for LED's dimming, most 12v ones do (that I have seen). The regular 115v household ones are hit and miss though most newer ones do...to a point fading down. Over half of my house is lit by either LED bulbs or LED strips.

I was actually contemplating adding a red LED strip to the foot well of the car to light up on entry. I don't know how it would look though.....
Probably look like the LED illumination kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
I installed the LED kit linked above. Replaced the map lights and dome light successfully.

However, when I was installing the cargo / trunk light, I activated the light by accident and I believe I blew a fuse.

Coincidentally my remote keyless entry system no longer functions.

I was trying to read the manual and find which fuse to replace, but none are listed as providing power for the cargo light, or remote keyless entry system... Does anyone have experience with this, or possibly have insider knowledge as to what fuse enables the remote keyless entry system / cargo light?

It's unfortunate, because I recently enabled "passive arming", so I can't get into my car without tripping the audible siren.

Help please. Thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
green3nergy said:
I installed the LED kit linked above. Replaced the map lights and dome light successfully.

However, when I was installing the cargo / trunk light, I activated the light by accident and I believe I blew a fuse.

I was trying to read the manual and find which fuse to replace, but none are listed as providing power for the cargo light, or remote keyless entry system... Does anyone have experience with this, or possibly have insider knowledge as to what fuse enables the remote keyless entry system / cargo light?

It's unfortunate, because I recently enabled "passive arming", so I can't get into my car without tripping the audible siren.

Help please. Thank you.
The keyless entry system controller is located in that area. If you pull back that top interior panel you can see the box. I noticed this while installing my trailer light adapter and looking for a ground. I would make sure that you didn't do any damage to it or see if it's grounded to the same place and check there if you can't figure out a fuse. If not, look at the fuse panel in the cabin and check number 15. It should be a 10 amper... Give that a whirl and see if it works

·
Registered
69 Posts
green3nergy said:

Help please. Thank you.
Same thing happened to me when I was replacing my cargo light with LEDs. Replace your fuse #15 and you'll be golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts