Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Rmaligie said:
Anyone else looking into the 2 inch kit by Sumo
http://sumoparts.3dcartstores.com/SUMO-2-Lift-Kit-for-2013-XV_p_86.html

I am going to do it pretty soon in the next month or two. Deciding if Subaru will try to void my warrantee if i do so. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks !
If you get it done, definitely get an alignment job done too.

I have this in my long-term plans... that is, when I do get an XV and drive it past the warranty period.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Rmaligie said:
Anyone else looking into the 2 inch kit by Sumo
http://sumoparts.3dcartstores.com/SUMO-2-Lift-Kit-for-2013-XV_p_86.html

I am going to do it pretty soon in the next month or two. Deciding if Subaru will try to void my warrantee if i do so. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks !
Don't forget the trailing arm spacers that are needed when you install the lift... Check them out if you you haven't already.

Take lots of pics and post up the install. Even though it's pretty straight forward... We can all benefit from it. And yeah... Don't forget the alignment.

·
Registered
714 Posts
You will most likely need some camber adjustment parts as well to get your car back to stock angles. There is not a lot of adjustment built into the rear so you may need to get an aftermarket camber bushing from somewhere like whiteline or otherwise. The front may have enough adjustment, if not aftermarket camber bolts or tops might be needed.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I had a 4"on Wrangler and my mileage went from bad to WORSE! That s what I d be worried about on a vehicle that returns such great mpg and already has exceptional clearance.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Actually... Lifting the XV is not like the wranglers in the fact that bigger tires are not going to be used. More ground clearance and slightly more wheel well clearance is achieved. I have a 2004 wrangler with 4" of lift and 33's. I regeared from3.07's to 4.56's and my mpg's are basically the same

That being said....you may cause a bit more drag with larger airflow under the XV, but without changing to a bigger tire I highly doubt you see a big change in mpg's

Sent from my iPad II using Tapatalk

·
Registered
927 Posts
Rmaligie said:
Does It void the warant?
That question has not been answered yet.... nor has any thoughts on the subject been confirmed.

I would say no ( from my location and standpoint ) All it is is a 2" spacer that goes between the strut and body mount along with the trailing arm spacers. What would be voided? Suspension? Drivetrain? Maybe.. if they can prove the lift was a DIRECT cause of a component failure. Now if the failure of the component caused an accident, then you have insurance to deal with... a whole new can of worms.

Heck, I have seen offset wheels cause wheel bearing failures from excessive stress... do they void the warranty? Who knows?

Back in the day(early 90's in SOCAL) I slammed a 2 month old vehicle with new springs, struts shocks and 16" wheels and lopro tires.... When I bought it to the dealership for some work, I asked if I voided anything and they said no....so why would it be any different when you lift it? I don't really know the answer... but I know EXTREME mods are looked at with more severity.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Warranty is a touchy subject. But it basically brakes down to if they can say the issue was caused by the parts. So if you put the strut lift on then blew an axle up they could void your warranty based on the fact that the lift caused excessive stress on the axle beyond normal vehicle height. But, if you lifted it and you're cam seal started leaking that's not at all associated so they couldn't void that. They can't void your whole warranty for one part, but they can charge you for repairs directly associated with the parts you modify.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perfect thanks everyone for the info. This is my first new car that has a warranty. I had a raised xterra 3 inch with oversize d tires.

Hope to get those spacers

·
Registered
820 Posts
I m pretty sure increased vertical profile= increased wind deflect= more consumption of petrol. Your not going to regear the Crosstrek I assume? Even if you don't use larger wheels and tires as we discussed in the Jeep, I believe there will be a penalty at the pump which was my only point.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts