Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as some of you know I purchased the Primitive Racing 2" Lift for my 2016 Crosstrek after the dealer I was purchasing the vehicle from said they would honor warranty issues if they should arise (spacers wouldn't give away that there is a lift installed unlike the springs on the Primitave Kit). Well after getting the vehicle the service manager said that they couldn't so I'm trying to sell the kit or return it. I am now considering installing either a 1" front & 1" rear spacer lift or a 1" front & 1.25" rear. Reason for going a 1.25" rear is that I plan on installing a Eco Hitch so I can tow a Kendon Single Ride-Up SRL Stand-Up™ Motorcycle Trailer which weigh's 350 lbs. along with my motorcycle that weigh's 600+ lbs. I'm also wondering if the Primitive Racing HD Strut Tops are worth getting too? I'm not going to be doing drastic off-roading but I'd like the added comfort of knowing that it's there. So should I save the $$$ and just get the spacer's without the tops? Should I go with the 1" x 1" or the 1" x 1.2" if I'm installing the hitch? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Heavy duty strut mounts are a waste of money unless you take your Crosstrek hard through the corners. I say use it for the lift and re-use the current strut mounts if they're still serviceable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts