Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone planing in the future of lifting there xv like out backs, and or upgrade the skid plates?

I talked to primative and this is the status for skids and lifts

We do have 1/8" and 3/16" front skidplates, and 3/16" rear diff cover now available (but sold out for 2 weeks on the fronts)We will have the Rock Sliders (bolt on, est $399/pr, April timeframe for production units, earlier for special order)We will have a new generation CVT skidplate (~April -May timeframe)We now have LIFT SPACER kits: 1/4" EZ-Lift (requires no hardware, super simple install) 1/2"; 3/4"; 1 1/4"; 1 1/2"King RAISING Springs shortly (within the week)PRSS Primitive Rear Subframe Spacers, for adjusting rear camber and re-centering rear wheel on LIFTED XV's in stock.3/16" Crosstrek XV Front Skdiplate $2451/8" Crosstrek XV Front Skdiplate $2153/16" Crosstrek XVRear DiffSkdiplate $1093/16" FBA Front and Rear $321 combo.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: lifting and skid plates

I may do it in the future, if it can be done on the cheap. My biggest concern for offroading is the arrival an departure angles currently, the bumpers seem kinda flimsy to me to be honest, I can see them getting damaged/ripped off easily...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Yeah same mabe a company will make at least a front bumper

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts

There are a few companies out there that make lift kits for Subarus. Subtle Solutions make a decent kit.

Also, there are overload/lift heavy-duty springs available from spring manufacturers such as Pedders Suspension and King Springs. The overload/lift springs are often combined with KYB struts for an optimal upgrade for on or off-road use.

As for skid plates, the only two I know are Primitive Racing and RallyArmor.

As for if/when I get an XV, I'll be TEMPTED to get a lift kit, but I KNOW I'm going to get skid plates, a rear differential plate, amongst other underbody protection modifications.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts

Subtle Solutions, as AWDfreak said, is supposed to be a good kit. It is basically just a 1" (I think) metal spacer that sits between the car body and spring to give you a lift -- at least that's what I understand.

When I had my old Outback Sport I was very tempted to do the Subtle Solutions lift since it is cheap and the OBS sits low. With the Crosstrek I don't have any plans on doing it since, for my current needs, 8.7" is enough. But, who knows, I may catch the bug for a lift soon enough. A skid plate I would definitely be interested in. The plastic piece under there now is pretty flimsy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts