Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options as far as looks and price? Can I just lift it first with the factory wheels and add new ones later? What will a new wheel set up cost me with new tires? Can I just put bigger tires on the existing wheels? Thanks for any input. Also how does the lift effect driving?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know its been a while since you first posted this, but I'm new to this forum. So there are 3 brands I know people use to lift their crosstreks. Anderson Design Fab (ADF), Subtle Solutions, and Subie Lift OZ.

Biggest thing you need to look at with the lift is how much you want. For a 2 inch lift, you will want to get subframe spacers to help maintain similar angles on axles and other components, to prevent stress, and premature wear. An inch lift and less, you don't need to run the subframe spacers, in fact, as far as I know, no one makes them for the 1 inch lifts.

You could also look at some lift springs for your crosstrek. Eibach makes a set for the crosstrek, resulting in a 1 inch front lift, and a 1.2 inch rear lift, and a slightly stiffer ride.

When lifting it whether you go springs, spacers, or both, you can run the stock tires. It may look funny is the only thing. Some people do run wheels like the Method 502 with a BFG KO2 AT tire on it, and seems to be fine at factory ride height. I think their is a slight amount of rubbing when turning in reverse. I know it works, plenty of folks I follow on instagram do it. But not sure if there is a rubbing issue!

Hope this helps, even if I was a bit late to the party.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts