Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are my options as far as looks and price? Can I just lift it first with the factory wheels and add new ones later? What will a new wheel set up cost me with new tires? Can I just put bigger tires on the existing wheels? Thanks for any input. Also how does the lift effect driving?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I know its been a while since you first posted this, but I'm new to this forum. So there are 3 brands I know people use to lift their crosstreks. Anderson Design Fab (ADF), Subtle Solutions, and Subie Lift OZ.

Biggest thing you need to look at with the lift is how much you want. For a 2 inch lift, you will want to get subframe spacers to help maintain similar angles on axles and other components, to prevent stress, and premature wear. An inch lift and less, you don't need to run the subframe spacers, in fact, as far as I know, no one makes them for the 1 inch lifts.

You could also look at some lift springs for your crosstrek. Eibach makes a set for the crosstrek, resulting in a 1 inch front lift, and a 1.2 inch rear lift, and a slightly stiffer ride.

When lifting it whether you go springs, spacers, or both, you can run the stock tires. It may look funny is the only thing. Some people do run wheels like the Method 502 with a BFG KO2 AT tire on it, and seems to be fine at factory ride height. I think their is a slight amount of rubbing when turning in reverse. I know it works, plenty of folks I follow on instagram do it. But not sure if there is a rubbing issue!

Hope this helps, even if I was a bit late to the party.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it's been a long while but here is my build. 2" Rough Country spacers on stock rim with falken wild peak a/t tires. Looks a little weird but not bad. No rub and will change out rims later

·
Registered
15 Posts
What are my options as far as looks and price? Can I just lift it first with the factory wheels and add new ones later? What will a new wheel set up cost me with new tires? Can I just put bigger tires on the existing wheels? Thanks for any input. Also how does the lift effect driving?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Rough Country spacers ran me about $300 or $400 and install was around another $600 to $800 depending on where you go. My falken wheels were about $140ish a piece. (Amazon order) which may have added another half inch...maybe... You can also lift with factory tires and rims and it won't look weird. It's what I did first. Some angles you won't even notice the lift however you can tell when looking at the clearance of the front bumper and the ground and when comparing it to other vehicle ground clearance. Stock clearance is 8.7. I think from ground to frame I'm at like 11" or 12" w/lift. (ground to lowest part of the car I believe is still 8.7"). I'm not sure about putting bigger tires on existing rim. I wouldn't unless you do more research on rubbing. I run falken wild peak on my stock rims for now and it's fine. Driving is fine as well, just like any suv, no speeding around tight corners. Also maybe a tad less mpg but it's nothing to worry about unless you add roof racks etc...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I went with:

Flatout GRLite Coilovers (a bit over 2" lift)
Method 702 15x7 Wheels
Toyo Open Country A/T III P225/75R15

This is for my 2018 limited 6speed mt.

Flat out has a few suspensions options for crosstreks: grlite, grplus,gr40

I am very pleased with results; but only had this setup for about 1000miles and 5 miles of modest trails and farm driving.

Edit:
You asked about price; the Coilovers with subframe spacer kit was just under $2k.

You asked about ride: I had shop install in mid dampening settings. Noticeably more stiff than stock. Grlites have a good number of tunability options; just beginning to explore that.

HTH

·
Registered
11 Posts
I went with:

Flatout GRLite Coilovers (a bit over 2" lift)
Method 702 15x7 Wheels
Toyo Open Country A/T III P225/75R15

This is for my 2018 limited 6speed mt.

Flat out has a few suspensions options for crosstreks: grlite, grplus,gr40

I am very pleased with results; but only had this setup for about 1000miles and 5 miles of modest trails and farm driving.

Edit:
You asked about price; the Coilovers with subframe spacer kit was just under $2k.

You asked about ride: I had shop install in mid dampening settings. Noticeably more stiff than stock. Grlites have a good number of tunability options; just beginning to explore that.

HTH
Any offset? I'm looking for a good pair of rims to fit my falken wild peak A/T. I do want a small offset (if possible) for an aggressive look but I still want practicality. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
My method 702's are +15. But I went "down" to a 15x7 rim. Here is a profile picture fwiw

Any offset? I'm looking for a good pair of rims to fit my falken wild peak A/T. I do want a small offset (if possible) for an aggressive look but I still want practicality. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2014 Crosstrek 5 speed manual. Primitive racing lift, Bilstein B6 struts/shocks, Borla exhaust.
30 Posts
Hey everyone, I have a 2014 with 5sp manual. I just put on a 1" spacer kit with King springs from primitive racing using the Bilstein B6 struts/shocks. I gained around 2" of road clearance overall. This weekend I'm beefing up the rear sway using the 20mm WRX bar and upgrading to white line end links. I'm now on the issue of tires. Currently, I have Falken Wildpeaks 215/60 17r. I like the tire and want to get larger ones using the stock rims which I dipped all black. I really didn't want to spend tons of cash on Methods or similar wheels. My main concern is snow pack. The rears get completely full with the stock setup and I hope now there's some more space. So the magic question is, what size wild peaks do I get on the stock 17's? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts