Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put on your own tunes, no sound but the cabin noise.

After two days of rain this little section of "road" turns to slick, wet goop. I knew the Crosstrek could handle it. Rather, I damn well hopped it would. As I was getting the GoPro strapped to the glass a large lifted truck took his turn navigating through the goop. He had an easy go at it.

I pulled up, turned the GoPro on, deactivated the Traction Control and off we went. A few times we started to get sideways, but otherwise it was smooth sailing...loads of fun and not once did I feel out of control. The sideways action was a bit too much pressure on the gas, but all in good fun...testing the limits if you will.

Once I reached the other end the guy in the truck shouted "I was waiting for you to get stuck." We shared a few laughs and I doubled back through without a hitch.

https://youtu.be/H-CYYD-Xb04

·
Super Moderator
2,940 Posts
I wish I could find a patch of muddy road like that near me! Awesome stuff, thanks for uploading!

Also, if you're down for some off-roading no more than 100 mile radius away from San Jose, I'd appreciate it if you would PM me since it's safer to go off-roading with another vehicle than alone. Also, I don't know many Subie owners who do the stuff we're into (as in, the off-road adventure).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could find a patch of muddy road like that near me! Awesome stuff, thanks for uploading!

Also, if you're down for some off-roading no more than 100 mile radius away from San Jose, I'd appreciate it if you would PM me since it's safer to go off-roading with another vehicle than alone. Also, I don't know many Subie owners who do the stuff we're into (as in, the off-road adventure).
The mud is, unfortunately, only temporary (after a rain) so you pretty much have to be on top of things to get in it. I'll go play before work tomorrow, too, then rinse it down afterwards :)

The next drive I'll be doing offroad will likely be out near Hollister. It's quick on/off of Highway 101 so not too bad coming from San Jose.

The other one, which is fun is Tassajara Road.

Old Coast Road (Highway 1 - Big Sur) would be a jaunt for you though; although, it, too, is nice.

I'll shoot you a PM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts