Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

301 - 310 of 310 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
I just had an alignment issue which I suspect came stock.
Curious how the rear wheel alignment holds up?
Do the wheels have a tendency to toe out in 30000 kmh as my dealer claimed mine did.?
Are you still on a factory alignment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Wolverine12

Any updated thoughts or data on your Crawford Oil-Air Separator? With a couple hundred thousand plus miles now on the second engine, have you inspected the EGR tube & cooler, or other internals, maybe?

I'm very curious if results actually match the claims and buzz surrounding catch cans. Of course you're only one data point, but it would be interesting if you've looked at the insides.

Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
I actually kept the Crawford oil separator installed for almost a year. I didn't notice any difference in oil consumption however, I usually only end up 1/2 quart low at 10k miles anyway. The EGR valve, tube and cooler were inspected and I really didn't notice any difference.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
At 920,000 miles (1.48 million km) the toe alignment has never been adjusted. Both front and rear toe settings are original. I do my own alignment and the only setting that might change is camber when replacing struts.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #306
I just had an alignment issue which I suspect came stock.
Curious how the rear wheel alignment holds up?
Do the wheels have a tendency to toe out in 30000 kmh as my dealer claimed mine did.?
Are you still on a factory alignment?
If you drive off-road alot I can see the alignment might need to be reset more frequently.
@Wolverine12

Any updated thoughts or data on your Crawford Oil-Air Separator? With a couple hundred thousand plus miles now on the second engine, have you inspected the EGR tube & cooler, or other internals, maybe?

I'm very curious if results actually match the claims and buzz surrounding catch cans. Of course you're only one data point, but it would be interesting if you've looked at the insides.

Thanks.
Sorry, I did reply previously but not directly to your posting. I have since removed it because the hose from the PCV valve to the tank became saturated with oil and very messy.
When would the million mile ETA be?
If all else remains the same, I should hit the 1 million mark towards the end of this October. I already have a replacement instrument cluster so I can keep tracking the correct mileage.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If all else remains the same, I should hit the 1 million mark towards the end of this October. I already have a replacement instrument cluster so I can keep tracking the correct mileage.
Getting close. Interested in the next installment of the update log. I hope the quietness is a good sign & all is well with you and the car.

301 - 310 of 310 Posts