Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a real brush guard for the front of our XV's? I have seen the ones they sell in australia and think they look horrible. I do not like the bull bar that I have seen offered for our cars. I need something that I could mount a fishing rack/cooler holder to the front or possibly a winch and lights. Any ideas?

This is really along the lines of what I am looking for:

http://image.trucktrend.com/f/11045195+w750+st0/163_0811_2008_sema_11z+subaru_forester_rescue+exterior_detail.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Ahhh, the Subaru Forester Mountain Rescue Concept, my most favorite concept car from Subaru...

Sadly, you're going to have to get it custom-made. I only know of the Australian brush guards when it comes to Subaru brush guards.

Articles on the concept car say that the front and rear bumper are custom made, probably by the shop "Specialized Vehicles", who have made quite a few concept cars and one-offs. I don't know if they'd be willing to make another custom job without charging a huge premium...
source: http://driveperformance2.subaru.com/version5_3/sema.asp

Another option is to browse many Subaru forums and find a forum member willing to fabricate one by your specifications and preferences. I know USMB (Ultimate Subaru Message Board) has some members who custom-fabricate their own Subaru off-road parts, but I'm sure there are some others in other Subaru forums.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ive found this one guy that makes these "brush guards" that are made of very small pipe and have two big round lights on them with a skid plate. its really not what im looking for, looks like it belongs on a car low to the ground. just really did not have the look im going for at all.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now that is really some heavy duty bumper there... i like that. looks like ima have to build the one i want. need a pipe bender and a better welder. i done taught myself how to do everything else... why not a brush guard lol

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
coreybarnett said:
now that is really some heavy duty bumper there... i like that. looks like ima have to build the one i want. need a pipe bender and a better welder. i done taught myself how to do everything else... why not a brush guard lol
THAT I would love to see!

I remember there was a Subaru Baja owner that built his own and installed it to a large benefit: he had an accident and it saved his unibody from being totaled.

Of course, that is only possible with proper installation to a structurally-integrated part, which I'm sure isn't impossible.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
AWDfreak said:
All you need is some creativity, tools, materials, and skill...
That's about all I can say I have :-[. I would definitely need someone to fabricate it for me.
I'm in the same boat. Even then, creative is the wrong word to describe me, more like I-want-all-the-features creative.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.