Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for the recommendations, did some research and finalized two and maybe you can add some more recommendations

VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K Dual Dash Cam Ultra HD 4K Front and 1080P Rear
and Thinkware Q800PRO 2K QHD 1440p Dash Cam with Rear Camera

·
Registered
12 Posts
I recommend any of Blackvue’s cams. They’re very high quality and come in models to accommodate any configuration you’re needing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the Next base 622 with the rear cam. On my 2018 limited. I am up to 144,000+ miles and this has been my favorite camera. I have had three in this time. I'll include pictures to show where it sits in the windshield.
Sky Car Plant Vehicle Window
Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed the Viofo A129 Plus Duo front/rear cam a few weeks ago, LOVE IT! Easy to install, tucks away behind the mirror, can hardly see it. The display screen isn't easy to see but what's the point. You can take it down and reinstall with no issues. I had a different cam with a battery but I think the Az heat took it out of action. This has the capacitors so it's better for the heat. I also put in the hardwire kit so it has power when needed. Running the wires to the rear was easy, very little trim removal. Watched several videos before install, some folks take way too much trim off. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures along the way but if you have any questions let me know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a pic from inside the car, I couldn't get a good one from outside because it sits high and is in a dark area. Tucks in well behind the rear view mirror.
Vehicle Hood Automotive mirror Automotive design Automotive tire
Plant Daytime Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I am looking for the recommendations, did some research and finalized two and maybe you can add some more recommendations

VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K Dual Dash Cam Ultra HD 4K Front and 1080P Rear
and Thinkware Q800PRO 2K QHD 1440p Dash Cam with Rear Camera
I currently have a Garmin DC46 that I got from BestBuy. Small footprint, mobile application UI is very friendly, easy to operate, it has a speedcam warning (works only on intersection speedcams not on ground mounted speedcams), lane departure alert, and tailgating alert (beeps when you are following someone too close).

I also mounted it cleanly in my cabin. tucked the wires in the headliner, removed the A-pillar cover and ziptied it onto the adjacent wires (be careful not to cross the A-pillar airbags), down to the dashboard, tucked in the center console, and into the 12V in the center console cigarette port. I might hard wire it to the fuse box but this wiring is clean enough for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts