Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am looking to by the Limited Edition. Right now I have it priced out at $27,722.

That includes the Limited Edition Version
Moonroof + Navigation System
Roof Spoiler
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector (Pugs x 2 put out a ton of hair.)

When I go to the dealer is there any wiggle room in the price? How much can I expect to pay off the base price?

Any advice about closing the deal?

Any other options I should get?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would suggest not opting for some of your options.
Like:
Roof Spoiler
All-Weather Floor Mats
Rear Seat Back Protector (Pugs x 2 put out a ton of hair.)

The reason is the dealers will up charge for these options and you can get them separately and normally cheaper from Ebay from a dealer. It will lower the overall cost of the XV. Check it out. The price on Subaru.com for a roof spoiler versus the same one found on ebay.

Yes, you can certainly barter with the price. My buddy just bought a White Limited and got it for 23k no options.

Good luck.

·
Registered
552 Posts
For a few dollars more than the Individual price of the options you listed

Order the following instead... either or:

Popular Package #1 (IYW). Includes auto dimming rear view mirror with compass, rear bumper cover, splash guards, rubber all weather floor mats (set of 4), rear seatback protector.

Popular Package #2 (IYX). Includes auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and homelink garage door opener, rear bumper cover, splash guards, rubber all weather floor mats (set of 4), rear seatback protector.

Also Dump the stock speakers and upgrade the Tweeters and Door speakers with the Kickers. Don't buy the Sub however. Takes up to much cargo room.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wingnut said:
Is your name Austin or are you in Austin. Location make a great deal of difference on your OTD price.
Austin is my location. Home to the X-Games in 2014 and of course the F1 series racing. ;D

·
Registered
552 Posts
Okay Austin Texas. You should be able to work a $500 over dealer invoice deal in Austin. If you can't find one who will do it Drive to DFW. I'll give you my Dealers Name.

Price out your car get the Invoice price with all the options and go see a dealer.

Remember Some dealers are famous for sticking it to you for DOC fees, Adv fees, Floor plan fees....etc. Look mat the fine print before you sign.

Fair DOC fees in a big city in Texas are 75-125 bucks.
TTL fees 1500-1700. These are legit fees.

·
Registered
95 Posts
On edmunds.com you can build your model and they will give you what is the fair market value for your area. They compile it from actual sales in your area. I think their numbers are about right.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I don't have any advice about price but like someone said definitely upgrade the stock speakers we did the same also minus the subwoofer cuz of space it would take but even without the subwoofer it sounds great :)

Also wanted to say we have 2 pugs also and yes they shed like crazy!lol I love the back seat covers & the tray for the back cuz it helps clean their hair out a lot easier ;) We got a divider thing so the can't jump seats & claw up the leather.

The only thing we got with our XV that I regret is the all weather mats...someone posted some really cool one's that cover better & are higher up the sides kinda like a tray. We didn't get the moonroof even though I wanted one I didn't want the navigation system. We also got the sport mesh grill & the spoiler which I love the looks of :) Ok I'll quit rambling!lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
Like others, price can vary. And what you "add on" is really a personal preference.

I bought the Limited and it already had body side mouldings and the Aero Bars on it. Out of the chute, I opted for mods which would add to the value/trade-in, as well as protection of the car like Clear Bra, hood deflector, paint and leather protection, wheel locks etc. And, though I don't have dogs, I went for the Weathertechs (front and rear), so you getting the cargo mat is a good plan too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
carsdirect.com can help with getting an idea of the fair price. If you are a Costco member, you might get an additional discount. Got mine $300 below invoice, though indeed location matters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
VariousPositions said:
carsdirect.com can help with getting an idea of the fair price. If you are a Costco member, you might get an additional discount. Got mine $300 below invoice, though indeed location matters.
I'm a member of Costco... You actually paid UNDER invoice? I'm calling those guys asap!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Squenz said:
VariousPositions said:
I'm a member of Costco... You actually paid UNDER invoice? I'm calling those guys asap!
Supposedly it can vary greatly from Costco to Costco, but generally I have heard good things about their auto program.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes, the dealer I went to had a "Costco" rep, he pulled out his discount book, looked it up, showed the part of the chart that showed the Costco discount. Easy peasy, no haggling required. Locations may vary of course.

·
Registered
136 Posts
VariousPositions said:
Yes, the dealer I went to had a "Costco" rep, he pulled out his discount book, looked it up, showed the part of the chart that showed the Costco discount. Easy peasy, no haggling required. Locations may vary of course.
Same with me spend 24k out the door
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey Austincrosstrek, welcome to the forum! I was born and raised in Austin and purchased the very first crosstrek in Austin (Texas too ;D) I bought mine from Austin Subaru and paid sticker because I was without a car, and Austin Subaru wouldn't budge being that it was the very first crosstrek off the truck in the entire state. My advice to you is this.... GO TO SUBARU GEORGETOWN. Austin Subaru is notorious for not negotiating on price. Their service is just "okay" (I've had several bad experiences there, good ones as well).

Subaru Georgetown will 100% give you a better price. If you pin the two against eachother one is going to budge, but if you don't mind driving up to G-town, then I would highly recommend it.

EDIT: I just read the original posting date, and you probably already bought a car :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts