Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking to trade in my 2017 c300 4matic for a brand new sport or limited Crosstrek. Only reason I am considering the Limited is for the LED lights but figure I can just upgrade those myself after.

·
Registered
8 Posts
For me the decision came down to choosing the Sport with Dual X-mode & Halogens vs, LED (with turn and high beam assist) plus having to also accept 18" wheels on the Limited. (I actually preferred the non-leather seats on the Sport). But after looking into what would be involved and the cost of changing out the lights, and reading a number of people saying that you can get much/most of the Dual X-mode benefit by turning off traction control, I went with the Limited. I'll be driving at night a lot more often than in that much deeper snow or mud. By not going with the Moonroof (which I never liked or used) and Premium sound/nav, the cost came out almost the same. The only thing I regret now is going without the HK sound. I had it on my '17 Impreza and it was definitely superior to the standard sound system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me the decision came down to choosing the Sport with Dual X-mode & Halogens vs, LED (with turn and high beam assist) plus having to also accept 18" wheels on the Limited. (I actually preferred the non-leather seats on the Sport). But after looking into what would be involved and the cost of changing out the lights, and reading a number of people saying that you can get much/most of the Dual X-mode benefit by turning off traction control, I went with the Limited. I'll be driving at night a lot more often than in that much deeper snow or mud. By not going with the Moonroof (which I never liked or used) and Premium sound/nav, the cost came out almost the same. The only thing I regret now is going without the HK sound. I had it on my '17 Impreza and it was definitely superior to the standard sound system.
Yeah. I hate that I have to like...choose between this or that. Sport should've had LEDs or at least an option. I also don't care for 18" rims as I plan to size them down to like 15s and put on big KO2s.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Was in same boat. Toyota guy since 1978 first car. First. Subaru. Ever. Don't care for moonroof, but DO like the SRHs for our dark curvy roads in the mountains. Was out to see the Plasma Yellow, but didn't like it in person, so changed to silver. Went to see Silver, but switched to Cool Gray Khaki as soon as I saw it. The only one around was a Limited with the moon roof add. I'm only 5'9", so I went for it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts