Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 crosstrek, bought it brand new and roughly few years later seems there was some road noise but here lately it seems to be getting louder, I have replaced my tires a few times with no help, is there a solution to quite the ride, also had the oil consumption problem started around 60,000 mile marker, final got that fixed or at least I hope. then started the clicking when turning, fixed it and now just few months later again having same issue with clicking. I bought my Subaru because of their past reputation of being a good car only to be disappointed I don’t think I will ever ever buy another Subaru again. But for now I have to find out how to quiet the road noise and how to get the wheel repaired again on a short budget, any suggestions

·
Registered
27 Posts
Might be the rear wheel bearings, a very common problem. Mine started making noise pretty early on in the life of my 2013. I let it go for years, then eventually did the job myself using the cheapest parts I could find on Amazon (because the OEM ones seem to be made of mostly dog crap, I refuse to pay extra for Subaru OEM part). They've been fine ever since, it's been over a year I'd say. I too would not buy another Subaru.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rear Wheel bearings are the likely culprit for a whining wiring road noise. I to replaced mine with cheap ones about 100K miles ago. 190,000 miles on my 2014 and other than brakes light switch that's all the repair it's needed. While I agree the OEM bearing should last longer at 190,000 miles it's not a bad track record it's been a great car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like others have said, sounds like wheel bearings. It usually sounds like a low flying jet plane. Not sure about the MY 2013, but on my 2015 there was a known issue with the bearings. I had the 2 rears replaced and within a few months they had to do the 2 fronts all under warranty. As for the clicking when turning... classic CVT axle problem. Mine went months before I decided to replace it. The drivers side front axle clicked when turning slow left turns like U-turns. Got that done, but the right needs to be done sometime down the road. It clicks slightly on right turns, but not as bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts