Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I leased my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek two weeks ago and Im really enjoying it. One thing that is annoying me though is that I have to slam the rear hatch at least 5 times for it to actually lock. It should close after shutting it on the first try. Why is this happening? Is it due to the rubber lining? My thought is to take it to the dealer to have them fix it. Is there a quick fix to this issue?

thanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Following, as mine seems to require an above average slam as well.

·
Registered
'21 Outdoor PYP "Fiona"
3 Posts
Mine also requires a harder than expected closure and sometimes a retry (or two) to get it to actually latch. I am sort of used to it (3 weeks in), but I always have to tell others to really slam it. Long term consequences concern me a little, so I will probably talk to the dealer about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes I too have that issue with my 1 weeks old crosstrek. What I’ve found is if I grasp the tailgate by both hands, in the area of the license plate, on both sides and shut it, it closes every time 😊

·
Registered
2021 Plasma Yellow Limited 2.5L
1 Posts
Try closing it like you would the hood of a classic car. Rather than slamming it, let it down to just before it latches and then give it a hard, quick push. I've found that works really well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I leased my 2021 Subaru Crosstrek two weeks ago and Im really enjoying it. One thing that is annoying me though is that I have to slam the rear hatch at least 5 times for it to actually lock. It should close after shutting it on the first try. Why is this happening? Is it due to the rubber lining? My thought is to take it to the dealer to have them fix it. Is there a quick fix to this issue?

thanks.
I leased an 18 Crosstrek back in 17 when they came out. I had the same problem, they quickly fixed it at the dealership. Apparently they didn't fix the issue at the factory because years later people are still having the same problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is it easier with another door open? Maybe the seals are so good, the pressure is tough to overcome.
Highly unlikely. If the seals on a car were that good your ears would pop, too. There are pressure relief vents in all vehicles to avoid this very issue.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Highly unlikely. If the seals on a car were that good your ears would pop, too. There are pressure relief vents in all vehicles to avoid this very issue.
True, but several years ago, there were issues with one of the luxury makes with a similar problem. It was either Bentley, RR or Aston Martin- You needed to be a weightlifter to get the door to close properly. Probably Aston because the others have those self closing pneumatic doors so the Gentry wouldn't exert themselves too much and break a pinky nail.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I finally took my car in to the dealer to get the rear hatch looked at. It turns out there was never anything wrong with it. The reason it was not closing was because after each time I slammed it and re-opened it, my hand was on the button!! No wonder it wasn't staying closed!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes I too have that issue with my 1 weeks old crosstrek. What I’ve found is if I grasp the tailgate by both hands, in the area of the license plate, on both sides and shut it, it closes every time 😊
I have never had this problem but getting in the habit of closing with your hands in the center of the tailgate door should solve the problem.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts