Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and I could not find this mod on the site. If I missed it -- apologies.

In the past I have two experiences with road debris damaging the lower part of my car's radiator. As a result, on my new Crosstrek, I cut and installed a lower radiator guard made from home gutter guard material.

Pics: the finished protect installed, the stuff I use (available from farmer stores and building supply stores), and the label of the gutter guard.

It's easy to make your own.

Steps: 1. Cut gutter guard to size, 2. paint piece black, 3. attach with black zip-ties. You can't even see them when standing a few feet away (make sure to use the kind that are not damaged by UV rays).

Note: In the photo, mine is covered with ice and snow.

The material works surprisingly and from a few feet away or more looks like its suppose to be there.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for pointing out this inexpensive and useful mod! Attached is mine--I used a larger piece and had to cut a rough draft first to get a perfect fit (I used wire clippers and patience) and am very satisfied with the result.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Futurer said:
Thanks for pointing out this inexpensive and useful mod! Attached is mine--I used a larger piece and had to cut a rough draft first to get a perfect fit (I used wire clippers and patience) and am very satisfied with the result.
Looking good there Futurer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts