Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2022 crosstrek limited, main reason was for the 2.5L engine. that being said, I would have preferred a impreza 5 door with the 2.5.

Anyone here lower a crosstrek? looking for ideas/experience with this?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I understand your preference for the 2.5, but the ground clearance on the Crosstrek has no disadvantages, since it has been factory designed this way. Me, I'm the exact opposite. I'm looking at picking up an Impreza vs the Crosstrek (because it's five grand cheaper), and maybe finding an inexpensive 1" or 1.5" lift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sstrek was the high ground clearance. What did they do to jack up an Impreza to start with?
I understand your preference for the 2.5, but the ground clearance on the Crosstrek has no disadvantages, since it has been factory designed this way. Me, I'm the exact opposite. I'm looking at picking up an Impreza vs the Crosstrek (because it's five grand cheaper), and maybe finding an inexpensive 1" or 1.5" lift.
Yeah, it does, it sucks on the highway with a strong crosswind, plus doesnt corner that great.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought a 2022 crosstrek limited, main reason was for the 2.5L engine. that being said, I would have preferred a impreza 5 door with the 2.5.

Anyone here lower a crosstrek? looking for ideas/experience with this?
Just letting you know what lowering springs can do. Just a little caveat: the rear control arms do not have camber adjustments. You have to install rear camber control arms and the fitment for the rear will be wack. The camber arms can only go -2 degrees and the wheels will tuck in. You might consider getting the proper wheels for it or 25mm spacers for the meantime (not for long-term use please).

Right now, my sh1tbox has SPC rear control arms, RSR lowering springs, Konig Ampliform 18 x 8.5 +44, and Cooper CS5 245/50R18. No rubbing, no scubbing.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

1 - 6 of 6 Posts