Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing what I deem to be a increasing noise after downshifting. Seems to be coming from underneath the Trek and more forward than rear. It happens when foot is OFF accelerator, in gear and decellerating. Kind of a mechanical growling noise...not very loud but makes ride sound unrefined. Definitely goes away when stepping on gas OR taking out of gear and coasting. I've climbed all under looking for loose bolts, rubbing parts, plastics, etc. Nothing. I've reported it to dealer and they say they hear it but don't know exactly what it is and have a call in to Subaru. Anyone having similar issue? Thoughts? Suggestions? Otherwise running well, no oil burn, no strange tire wear, nothing. Thanks folks!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Bob,

Hope they figure it out for ya... that would drive me nuts! It's the little things in life that will DRIVE YOU CRAZY!!! ( you know where I'm coming from )

Under decel conditions, you think it would be tranny/gear related... almost like the coast side clearance on a gearset is off a bit... been there on occasion.

Keep up posted... it will be interesting to see how far this goes to find a cure!

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input Todd. I was hoping you'd see my post. I'll make mention of the coast side clearance idea next time I speak to them. Will definitely keep up posting on the fix.

·
Registered
927 Posts
No problem, Bob... It just reminds me of that kind of problem. I could be way off. You're a builder like me... So you know where I'm coming from. It's highly unlikely, but there is always that one time that slips through. A buddy at work has 7000 miles on a new Titan....blew out the rear and never even left pavement with it.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know EXACTLY where you're coming from! And when it comes to mechanicals," if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!" Oh well, I'll get it figured out here sooner or later. The ? is, as always, what's it going to cost! HA! By the by, I couldn't help but chuckle about your Mrs not goin for the lights, and the bribe not even coming close to working! I think we're at that age where we have to learn some new tricks because our spouses have already figured us out and are way ahead!! ::) ::)

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not on Facebook. Can you paraphrase? Wow, 5K miles and a meltdown?! I feel for Chris....awful.
My problem "feels" less in the drivetrain as it does with a possible articulation with the front mini shafts. Believe me, I'm listening closely, especially as the miles near 10K. Thanks for the info, however worrisome!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts