Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Maryland, DC, Virginia area?

As spring approaches I'm thinking a day trip down skyline drive in Shenandoah would be awesome. Not only a great drive, but a great photo op as well!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Howdy.

I like the orange it's different. I have to admit though, when I first saw the color it wasn't what I thought it would be. It's not really a "Pearl", it's more like a orange metallic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm in the NoVa area. I have yet to purchase a CT yet, but planning on getting one later in the year. But its nice to see people on here from around the area. I saw my first CTXV the other day in Vienna!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in VA, right in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley :D Bought my Silver Limited 3 weeks ago, just hit my first 1,000 miles lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
AlexAlejan said:
Looks like the midatlantic region is starting to pick up in XV owners! (or South, as the boards call us ;) )
Haha I know, 'South' kinda threw me, as I was looking for Mid-Atlantic :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'm on 'this' side of the MD/DE line. Which yes, makes me a Delaweenie. I'm 'pre-Crosstrek' at the moment.

Mrs Sinker and I did a motorcycle trip down the SKyline Drive a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. We really took our time, with lots of stops for pics (and stretching). We spent the night in Staunton, VA then spent the next day heading north on old US11 (parallel's I-81) through West VA, MD and spent the 2nd night in Gettysburg and wandered home to DE on day 3.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I currently have two mountain bikes and a road bike 8). I used to have a Harley Road King Classic, and Mrs Sinker had a Honda VTX1300. When the economy took a dump a few years ago we decided to liquidate a little and sold the motorcycles in '09. Also, with the increase in texting while driving, we were beginning to feel less and less safe out on the roads.

Not sure when we'll buy a Crosstrek. I've sat in a few, but haven't driven one yet. I'll likely go with either Tangerine or Desert Khaki.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sinker said:
I currently have two mountain bikes and a road bike 8). I used to have a Harley Road King Classic, and Mrs Sinker had a Honda VTX1300. When the economy took a dump a few years ago we decided to liquidate a little and sold the motorcycles in '09. Also, with the increase in texting while driving, we were beginning to feel less and less safe out on the roads.

Not sure when we'll buy a Crosstrek. I've sat in a few, but haven't driven one yet. I'll likely go with either Tangerine or Desert Khaki.
Here comes my obligatory.......Tangerine!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Here comes my obligatory.......Tangerine!!!

Yeah, I know! The Tangerine does look great. But while I'm pretty good about vehicle maintenance, I don't wash my cars often. The Tangerine would look great detailed, but the Desert Khaki would look better dirty!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Do you ride your Mt. Bike? I'm asking only cause I ride from the bird lot of White Clay/Middle Run park every Wednesday. You'll see my XV there. It seems the XV is a big hit with the outdoorsee peeps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes I do! I usually ride Middle Run/White Clay a couple times a week. Most Wednesdays I do the big Trailspinners' group ride out of the Judge Morris parking lot, either sweeping a 'B' group or leading a 'C' group. If you see a big group tomorrow night, I'll be the old guy on either a black Gary Fisher Rig or a gray Niner EMD. Either way, I'll try to get by the bird lot tomorrow night and look for your Crosstrek.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts