Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took deivery of my Tangerine Crosstrek this morning. Love the color even more in my driveway. The black side moldings look even better than I had hoped they would. As soon as I saw it at the dealer I knew its name: TIGGER. Thanks to everyone for sharing all the great information and advice during the research and buying process.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
That looks pretty slick. Did the dealer put on the black side moldings on at your request? Or was it already like that?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Congrats!!! GREAT lookin XV with the black side moldings!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LittleBigHead said:
That looks pretty slick. Did the dealer put on the black side moldings on at your request? Or was it already like that?
Thanks. I asked the dealer to put on the moldings, but then I had a brain storm and thought black might really look cool instead of the tangerine. Helps to create the Tigger look.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hector4Christ said:
How did things work out with the cargo tray?
I was all pissed off for nothing. I brought your letter and the one I got from Subaru. My salesman was really surprised that they came included. At first he said that sometimes they print stuff in the brochure and then change things in the actual car. But after he read the letters he headed out to the car and looked at the window sticker and it said they were standard equipment. Got a $70 refund with no hassle. Thanks so much for your help. I wonder how many other buyers got screwed that way?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another thing you could do for Tigger would be a black spoiler...

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wow! that's fantastic.. right down the the "T-I-double-guh-er"

Well done!

·
Registered
421 Posts
When I saw the TOP color, I just had to have it. Mine has no name on her yet

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
prompterbob said:
Hector4Christ said:
I was all pissed off for nothing. I brought your letter and the one I got from Subaru. My salesman was really surprised that they came included. At first he said that sometimes they print stuff in the brochure and then change things in the actual car. But after he read the letters he headed out to the car and looked at the window sticker and it said they were standard equipment. Got a $70 refund with no hassle. Thanks so much for your help. I wonder how many other buyers got screwed that way?
....hold on a minute.... What tray being standard?? I don't have a tray. Are you talking about in the center console? Because I wondered why one wasn't there. Looks like something's missing....maybe I'm one of those buyers?? Please advise. Also, car looks verrryyyry cool. Love the orange with black. Stay tuned for some black with orange...coming soon! "The wonderful thing about Tigger is Tiggers a wonderful thing, his top is made of the rubber, his bottom is made of the spring! ". Loved Tigger! Was the coolest part of Winnie the Pooh. 8)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The cargo tray is standard on both models. Seems a lot of dealers charge people for it and if they don't want it they take it out.

·
Registered
421 Posts
RubySu said:
prompterbob said:
Hector4Christ said:
....hold on a minute.... What tray being standard?? I don't have a tray. Are you talking about in the center console? Because I wondered why one wasn't there. Looks like something's missing....maybe I'm one of those buyers?? Please advise. Also, car looks verrryyyry cool. Love the orange with black. Stay tuned for some black with orange...coming soon! "The wonderful thing about Tigger is Tiggers a wonderful thing, his top is made of the rubber, his bottom is made of the spring! ". Loved Tigger! Was the coolest part of Winnie the Pooh. 8)
I think they are talking about the cargo tray in the back of the car

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ikon said:
RubySu said:
prompterbob said:
Hector4Christ said:
I think they are talking about the cargo tray in the back of the car
I just got another response from Subaru about the cargo tray incident... Looks like Subaru will do something about it for future buyers.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear you didn't have any problems getting your $70 back. In every other model it is an accessory, so I can understand where the salesperson was coming from. It worries me also that this may happen to other customers. I am going to send your case to upper management and hope they pass the word on to the dealerships about this. I think they just need it pointed out!

Have a great weekend.

Best regards,
Laurie

1 - 20 of 43 Posts