Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Desert Khaki Limited a few days ago. I traded in an '11 Outback that I just did not enjoy driving. But, at the time Subaru didn't have anything smaller. They had the new Impreza, but I need some clearance for trailheads. So, when I saw the new XV in a brochure this summer, I knew the Outback's days were numbered. After pondering whether or not I really wanted to take the financial hit, I decided to take the plunge. Subarus last a long time, so I didn't want to be driving something I didn't enjoy for another 8 years ;)

Anyway, so far I'm loving the XV. It's the perfect size for me (very close to the size of my '04 Forester that I absolutely loved). It's a little tight for Cleo in the back with the seats up, but I'll just flip the seats down for longer drives.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Got said:
Wish mine was like that, the carpet is not practical for this type of vehicle, also the back of the rear seat is carpeted too. Only in Canada :-\ :'(
It must come standard in the U.S. but I am sure the seat back protector is at least an option you can order through your dealer in Canada.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thelosis said:
Welcome. What kind of dog is Cleo?
She's a mutt, but I did have the DNA test done on her. Technology ;D! And, she came out being boxer, golden retriever, and basset hound. Not sure how accurate the DNA tests are, but she definitely has some boxer in her. But, she has been a joy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClubCrosstrek said:
Congratulations! The car and the dog are awesome, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. How does the Crosstrek compare to the Outback across the board (acceleration, interior, etc)?
My Outback had a CVT engine as well, so I'm used to that part. The Outback had a bit more power, but the Crosstrek is so similar to my '04 Forester (power-wise), that I'm not bothered by a bit less power. The Outback had cushier seats and lumbar support. But, now I have leather and heated seats :) :) And, the leather and heated seats are trumping cushiness. My guess is that the Outback would probably be more comfortable for a long road trip. But, I took so many road trips in my Forester and the seats seam really similar to my XV. I only have 150 miles so far, but I'm really enjoying it. It corners better than the OB, and the ride is a bit stiffer. But, the size is soooooo much more fun to drive than the OB. The OB is a nice car, but it really is a boat. I just feel like the XV suits me a lot better.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Yeah I agree with you. I had a 2013 fully loaded Outback as a loaner car a few weeks ago, for about three days. The seats were really nice (mine had leather and heat) and with the lumbar support they were super comfortable. The power was definitely a bit better, but honestly not that noticeable compared to the Crosstrek. The Outback was a boat of a car, though, too big for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts