Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any thoughts or experience w/ mods of the MF/clock display?

One of my biggest beefs with the interior is that ho-hum clock/trip computer/air bag display! I know the ROW markets get the graphic color display, however, SOA and a couple of dealers have told me an "upgrade" isn't possible - not sure I believe that more likely it just isn't very easy.

Any ideas for something after market?

So far the best advise I gotten is a dash hula-girl doll - god love engineers!

thanks y'all

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hi kds,
A hula girl.. hahahah! love it.

Maybe you could snap a photo of the more graphical display and paste it on the original. Course, if you do, just make sure it shows a really high mileage so you'll always know you're doing well. LOL

Actually, I was talking about this very thing the other day. What I find *really* interesting is.. the new 2014 Forester comes *with* the upper graphical screen as well as the center nav screen. The upper is used for all sorts of other information (though still not as much as they get over seas). Point is, that dash looks pretty much identical in that section as the XV. So, other than perhaps some internal wiring, I would think Subie can certainly swap this out. They key might be how the computer knows to show what stats on which display maybe?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts