Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks! I'm new to this forum and I'm looking for a minimal rim like the Black Rhino Rumble or second choice of the method MR701 and I'm hoping to pair these with a middle of the road tire suitable for light off-road, but don't want much noise or impact on MPG. I think the BFG K02 is overkill for me. Based on this article I was thinking the Falken Wildpeak A/T Trail tires would be a good fit.

Tires will not be used for any high speed rally type driving or serious off-road of course, just driving on back road dirt roads and fire roads which sometimes get nasty.
Definitely not interested in installing any type of lift kit.

I would think I'd probably want more sidewall than the stock 17" or 18" wheels allow, but maybe not as much as running a 15" wheel?

So... Could I run the Black Rhino Rumble rims in 16x7 (part #1670RBL155100M56) with Falken A/T Trail tires?

I not experienced with aftermarket wheels and tires so I really want to avoid any issues and complications since for me thats not part of the fun!

Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.08.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-05-13 at 12.08.36 AM.png

Best-
-Nat

·
Registered
22 Posts
This is my setup and I will drive out some pretty serious farm roads and fire roads.

I have been really surprised by the handling of mud with these.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts