Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question. I like to carry a few things in the car, First aid kit, flashlight, roadside stuff, and I have been looking at different ways of mounting it in the car. I have come to the idea that I like how Molle gear looks. I like to set up something like shown in the images but have not found anything that fits close for the Crosstrek body layout. I was wondering if anyone has seen anything or have heard of anyone doing this?

Thanks

Rich

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I do know there is a MOLLE seat cover but I would advise against using any kind of seat cover due to the side airbags residing in the seats.

I'd recommend mounting it away from any airbag deployment areas, otherwise, I love the idea! I got myself a little emergency kit but it resides in the cargo area.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the replies and the information.

AWDfreak, I agree with you. I am looking at doing it all in the cargo area. I think I am going to have to fabricate my own mounting panels to use so that the pouches and gear can mount to it.

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Please keep us updated! I may consider doing the same thing since my kit flops around rather than actually being secured (yes I know, not the right thing to do)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know this is an old post, but figure id add...

I recently have been looking into quality seat covers (necessary as an uber driver). I came across www.coverking.com where they custom make seat covers for vehicles. They are on the pricey side but they do offer a custom made set of Ballistic Nylon seat covers with MOLLE straps for the back of the seats. They come in multiple colors to go with the look of your vehicle and are supposed to be extreme duty and great quality.

I just purchased (still waiting for them) a set of cover king rhino hide seat covers for my crosstrek. I'll post pics and start a new thread when I get them installed.

Forgot to mention: These seat covers being custom made take into account the seat airbags and have break away spots so the air back is not restricted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new here, first post, but being a gear nerd I was instantly drawn to thus post. There are a few molle pouches such as the ifak style that are made to tear away from a plate carrier so it has a full back side of Velcro which will stick to the carpet material. I mounted a couple of pouches in this manner to my last vehicle. I'll post some pics if anyone's interested. Walt

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hey Tex,
Welcome to the club. I know we would all be interested in pictures when you can. There are many of us who use our Crosstreks for the outdoor life and gear like you've described always comes in handy. Also, it would be good to introduce yourself on the Welcome Mat thread. Club Crosstrek has been a great club to be apart of, if you have questions or need anything feel free to ask.

Zero

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
Hey guys. I'm new here, first post, but being a gear nerd I was instantly drawn to thus post. There are a few molle pouches such as the ifak style that are made to tear away from a plate carrier so it has a full back side of Velcro which will stick to the carpet material. I mounted a couple of pouches in this manner to my last vehicle. I'll post some pics if anyone's interested. Walt
I've contemplated doing this, though instead of an IFAK, I have a quick-access first-aid kit velcro fastened to the passenger side of the transmission tunnel designed to address CPR and severe bleeding. Some pics would be appreciated so I can observe what you've done to optimize its usefulness.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
http://i.imgur.com/fq2P3nol.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
You sir are a man after my own heart! I have a few mods I'm working on. I'm a paramedic and ex military not to mention a big gear nerd so obviously I need a lot stuff!
One of the tough things is I have the rubber rear seat protectors but they kill that space for Velcro. I need a little time to figure out a good mod for that area.
I will be putting in either a tactical magnet or car holster for easy access to a side arm. I haven't figured out which one would be best yet. I'll post pics as soon as I have everything sorted out though! W

·
Registered
13 Posts
Med gear

Hi all. Finally got to take a few pics of my Med pack for the car and my ESC pouch. The Velcro Ifak for now I've attached ito the center back seat area. IMG_9445.jpg
IMG_9446.jpg
IMG_9447.jpg
IMG_9441.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,941 Posts
I envy that you're able yo use that driveshaft hump for something as beneficial as an individual first aid kit. Unfortunately, once again, my Weathertech Floorliners are incompatible with that kind of placement.

Thanks for sharing the info, I may keep those products in mind if/when I decide to integrate MOLLE gear in.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Funny you would mention because that's the next quandary! I'll be getting the weather techs soon as well and I'll have to figure out something then.
The links I posted may be the fix though. Those rigid molle boards seem pretty legit! I'll likely go with the one from greymantactical.
I also considered some adhesive Velcro on the weather techs in the same spot but my concern there is the Velcro not sticking well, especially in the central Texas summer heat.
I'll update as I get a different solution. W

·
Registered
13 Posts
Didn't know if anyone was still interested but I've given up on the molle board behind the seat. It didn't lay very well and was a little obtrusive. The Ifak kit I posted earlier snugs in the same well even though I have the Weathertechs now.

·
Registered
225 Posts
How about something that slides under one or both front seats? It should be easy to do, and take up little space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts