Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

421 - 433 of 433 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
on my recent trip 650mi.to bar harbor Maine from Rhode Island.mostly hi-ways my car read 39 mpg. probably closer to 37 mpg. going the speed limit using cruise control as much as possibly. my car is 19 Crosstrek with about 4800 mi. on it when I started my trip. car was loaded with camping gear and my bike and trailer hitch.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The mpg meter on the dash is so inaccurate. When I am getting around 34 my dash gauge will show 39.

Same with the tire pressures, my dash gauge shows 29 but all three of my electronic gauges when manually checking the tires will show 33 front, 32 rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The used 2016 with 46K miles on it that I got a couple weeks ago is averaging between 28-30-31-ish MPG. A weekend trip where I drove over 200 miles averaged about 28-29 MPG.

The 2018 that I bought for our department at work averages 31-34 MPG. That car has less than 10K on it. It's a work car that doesn't get driven much.

The Suburu MPG ratings state we should be getting 34 MPG so I am disappointed with this aspect. Everything else I love. In fact, I like my 2016 better than the 2018.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just went on a cross country trip. The best I got was 35.4. The worst I got was 25.1 when I was going against a heavy headwind. The automatic transmission kept the rpm's up to fight the wind. I averaged around 31 mpg and the car was basically empty (just me and 2 suitcases.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
New to me since last week. Filled up this am, for the first tank (dealer provided), I saw a high of 38mpg for about 10 miles. The overall average of the first tank was 32mpg. This car is used primarily for work commute (about 400 miles per week), on a variety of roads and speed limits (25, 35, 45, 55, 65). Speeds from 30-75.

·
Registered
270 Posts
How is everyone finding their gas consumption so far? With a MT I am using more than the Subaru stats, but I live in a really hilly area. Also I only have 700km or 430 miles on the clock. I assume it will get better once the engine has been run in.
Wait a bit. I found increased power and fuel economy as I approached 30k km. I changed my oil 3 times during the first 5k but after wich I went on to every 5.
I’m imagining that with a standard transmission breaking things in happen more quickly. I’m running only premium also. After it’s warmed up I’m not afraid of the occasional red line.

·
Registered
11 Posts
about half-way through the 2nd tank of gas. Currently at 32.4. In some respect, this car reminds me of my previous '09 Forester. At started, I would lose 2-3mpg due to the engine being cold. If I babied the gas peddle, I could get the numbers up. I started the car this am at 31.6. It was about 45 degrees F outside. mpg dropped to 31.3, then rebounded such that after 38 miles of driving, it was at 32.4. My guess is that after work, it will drop to about 32.1 at startup, then rebound to close to 33 by the time I get home.

421 - 433 of 433 Posts