Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Crosstrek.when I filled up with gas the other day I always reset the trip meter. I noticed that while I was driving afterwards the display this is one on dash above radio where clock and temp are keeps the mpg keeps cycling. This is doing same thing on trip b as well. I noticed when I am at a stoplight I get three dashes. I looked in manual but can,t find anything on it. Any idea how to get this function back?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
45 Posts
did yuo travel more than a mile?
after you reset it you have to travel a mile before it begins to work.
that's how my 2019 Crosstrek works.

·
Super Moderator
800 Posts
I have a 2018 Crosstrek.when I filled up with gas the other day I always reset the trip meter. I noticed that while I was driving afterwards the display this is one on dash above radio where clock and temp are keeps the mpg keeps cycling. This is doing same thing on trip b as well. I noticed when I am at a stoplight I get three dashes. I looked in manual but can,t find anything on it. Any idea how to get this function back?

Thanks in advance
I believe that is the "average MPG" in real time.

The harder you press on the gas pedal, the lower the number. When you're stopped, it will be dashes.

You can change this readout by a button on the steering wheel. Left side of the wheel, I THINK its the "info" button.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks in advance
on my '13 Crosstrek, there's a pushbutton 'stick' on the dash that toggles you through average MPG, instantaneous MPG, elapsed time since last engine start, etc. Sounds like you were on the instantaneous MPG setting within a mile of filling up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You're seeing "Instant Economy". Use the toggles on the left side of the steering wheel to switch to "Average Economy".

However! Mine has NEVER been accurate. It has ALWAYS been 8-12% better than actual. So don't trust it entirely.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts