Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter finally ended this week in MN and I finally got a chance to really take my time to go over the exterior. Cleaned the XV and put some sealant glaze on. I think it's presentable enough for a picture. The other car is my Dad's 2007 Forester X which is coming up on 95K miles and only had one bad rear wheel bearing at 60K. Otherwise it's been stellar. The XV and Foz are almost the same size.

What I've done to the XV:
Hood Protector
Aero Crossbars
Weathertech Digitial Liners
Kicker Speakers/Tweeters
SPT Blue Aluminum Battery Tie Down & Oil Cap (still not sure why I spent the money on these, but I don't regret it)

Still need to put on my bike rack.
Still waiting on my endura seat covers. I'm not real keen on the ivory interior so I'm going for a black/navy blue scheme.

Attachments

·
Registered
603 Posts
that's a great photo and both cars look great... (even with the yellow smiley license plates.. hahaha).

Up until now, I never really realized how nice the chrome stands out on the blue!! I know many hate chrome, rip off/dip badges and blacken everything. But, I'm old school and think the right amount of chrome just make the car looks crisp!

Nice work!

Crap... now you make me feel guilty. sorry.. gotta go wax mine now. LOL!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The seat covers you mentioned, are they from Subaru. I need to get covers for mine but can't find any that can be used with the side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. I have limited MS Paint skills. Was the easiest thing to do. I like the chrome on this color, but I definitely understand other peoples desire to delete/or plasti-dip them. Especially on certain colors. I had a 2009 Outback Sport that was sage green/silver metallic. It had chrome on the grill, door handles, and a trim piece on the rear hatch. I thought it stuck out too much but I was too lazy to do anything about it.

And thanks to all for the kind comments.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sepptrek said:
The seat covers you mentioned, are they from Subaru. I need to get covers for mine but can't find any that can be used with the side curtain airbags.
I've ordered mine from GTCovers.com. Their website says that all their seat covers should have flaps or special stitching to accommodate side seat airbags. I'll post picks/review when I get them, but I think I still have 2 more weeks to wait.

I know 2 other members have ordered neoprene seat covers from wetokole.com. I think those also accommodate for side airbags. The threads are in the interior forum section somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts