Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a Desert Khaki Premium with the cvt and moonroof this week. It replaces my '96 Outback that my two teenagers will continue to use, so I'm pretty excited to have a nice new car!! It's been a blast to drive so far; very comfortable and handles great. It also impresses most of my friends with the new distinct styling and they all love the color. We'll see how it goes this winter here in Massachusetts but I'm expecting it to perform as advertised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
Nice, glad you could join us here! The khaki is such a good color from what I've seen in images but I still haven't seen one in person.

'96 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a big jump, I'm sure you're excited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Congrats fellow Khaki owner :D I'm loving my new car (it's my third Subaru, but didn't like my second one). The color is different and practical at the same time. My husband saw my new car and got jealous (even though he has a fairly new WRX). He thinks my car just looks cooler than his WRX. And, well, I have to agree ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice, glad you could join us here! The khaki is such a good color from what I've seen in images but I still haven't seen one in person.

'96 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a big jump, I'm sure you're excited.
Yes, 1996 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a bit of a jump....especially since all of our other subies were a '91 Legacy Sedan (non-AWD), '92 Legacy AWD wagon, and a '95 Legacy Sedan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
chrisp said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice, glad you could join us here! The khaki is such a good color from what I've seen in images but I still haven't seen one in person.

'96 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a big jump, I'm sure you're excited.
Yes, 1996 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a bit of a jump....especially since all of our other subies were a '91 Legacy Sedan (non-AWD), '92 Legacy AWD wagon, and a '95 Legacy Sedan.
And I thought I was making a leap from my 2003 Outback Sport to the 2013 Crosstrek...I didn't even know Subaru had a non-AWD car (before the BRZ).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
chrisp said:
ClubCrosstrek said:
Nice, glad you could join us here! The khaki is such a good color from what I've seen in images but I still haven't seen one in person.

'96 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a big jump, I'm sure you're excited.
Yes, 1996 Outback to 2013 Crosstrek is a bit of a jump....especially since all of our other subies were a '91 Legacy Sedan (non-AWD), '92 Legacy AWD wagon, and a '95 Legacy Sedan.
And I thought I was making a leap from my 2003 Outback Sport to the 2013 Crosstrek...I didn't even know Subaru had a non-AWD car (before the BRZ).
Subaru was making FWD versions of the Legacy, Impreza, and Leone/Loyale before model year 1997 in the USA. It was 1997 when Subaru of America decided they would stop selling the FWD models, due to lack of demand.

Internationally, FWD versions of the Impreza are still sold today. The Leone was initially sold with FWD, sometimes bragging about the boxer-engine in front of the transaxle being a better-climbing FWD layout than typical transverse-layout FWD cars. Before the Leone and it's debut of AWD later on (1972 in Japan, 1975 rest of the world), Subaru had been making 2WD cars.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top