Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from central Virginia. Picked up my first Subaru between Christmas and New Years, a new white 2016 Crosstrek Premium. My new Crosstrek was promptly stolen. It was recovered less than an hour after reporting the theft, thanks to local city and county police, and thanks to Subaru for putting a StarLink transponder into the car.

After driving for over 45 years, this car is my first automatic, and I still occasionally find myself looking for something to do with my left foot when I pull up to a stop sign. But then, I still sometimes look for a silver Saturn when I leave the grocery store. This is what I get for being a novice old man.

I’m finding alkindza good information at Club Crosstrek. I especially wanna thank AWDfreak for his New to Subaru stuff.

I’d like to put a gauge on the dash that shows the actual PSI in each tire rather than a “one idiot-light fits all” tire pressure monitor. There are so many aftermarket tire pressure monitor kits available that I’m overwhelmed, so if anyone has any recommendations, please feel free to pass on your opinions. I’d be especially innerested in a gauge head that will operate with the existing transmitters that are in the tires.

This is a great forum!

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I'm glad the sticky thread was able to help you with some of the maintenance quirks of Subaru's vehicles. And despite this being your first automatic, just remember you can use those paddle shifters to manually engage virtual "gears" (really just pre-set gear ratios) if you wish to have more control. If kicking a phantom clutch pedal is a problem (it was for me when I got a CVT loaner), you may want to consider switching your brake pedal to the manual transmission brake pedal to significantly reduce the chance of accidentally mashing the brake pedal. (I'm embarrassed to admit it has happened to me).

As for a TPMS that shows each individual tire's pressure, I'm quite surprised myself thinking about how crucial it is for an AWD system yet Subaru continues to use the minimalist Federally-mandated approach to it. Unfortunately, I can't speak for the use of aftermarket TPMS monitors, but it certainly sounds like a great idea. I would try asking tire shops around and maybe even tire shopping websites to see if it can be done, since the TPMS is something that must be working with the factory system since a TPMS warning light is actually a liability to have.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts