Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself and my (first ever) brand new car. 2013 silver Crosstrek Limited. So far the only things i have changed were the driving lights (low, high and fog).

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hey, LarryA, thanks for joining us!

It looks good in the picture, what did you change about the driving lights? Just different bulbs? Did you test drive it first or just go with a blind buy like some people have?

Again, welcome. I hope you find everything you're looking for here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have actually used the same bulbs in previous cars that I have driven (Luminics Krypton bulbs), white for the driving lights and Yellow for the high beams. I wanted yellow bulbs for the fog lights but there isn't much a selection of H16 yellow bulbs. I went with Nokya Hyper Yellow. The fitment was terrible. The alignment tabs to snap the bulb into the fog light housing were way off, so i cut the tabs off the bulb and then it clamped on just fine. I'm a fan of the Luminics Krypton, the Ultra whites are just that, white light with no blue hue and really improves road visibility at night. As far as installing, it was pretty easy and you didn't have to take off the front bumper. For the passenger side all you need to do is remove the air intake duct. Its only held in with 2 plastic push plugs. That will give you access to the both bulbs. Its tight, but there's room. For the driver's side I found it easier to move the windshield washer receiver (held in by one push plug) to reach the bulbs. I didn't change the turn signals but you may need to remove, or least loosen the front bumper to get to those. The fog lights were fairly easy. Directly underneath the fog lights there are 4 push plugs holding a piece of plastic in place. Removing them (gently) will allow you to push the plastic piece to give you access to the fog light housing.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
LarryA said:
I have actually used the same bulbs in previous cars that I have driven (Luminics Krypton bulbs), white for the driving lights and Yellow for the high beams. I wanted yellow bulbs for the fog lights but there isn't much a selection of H16 yellow bulbs. I went with Nokya Hyper Yellow. The fitment was terrible. The alignment tabs to snap the bulb into the fog light housing were way off, so i cut the tabs off the bulb and then it clamped on just fine. I'm a fan of the Luminics Krypton, the Ultra whites are just that, white light with no blue hue and really improves road visibility at night. As far as installing, it was pretty easy and you didn't have to take off the front bumper. For the passenger side all you need to do is remove the air intake duct. Its only held in with 2 plastic push plugs. That will give you access to the both bulbs. Its tight, but there's room. For the driver's side I found it easier to move the windshield washer receiver (held in by one push plug) to reach the bulbs. I didn't change the turn signals but you may need to remove, or least loosen the front bumper to get to those. The fog lights were fairly easy. Directly underneath the fog lights there are 4 push plugs holding a piece of plastic in place. Removing them (gently) will allow you to push the plastic piece to give you access to the fog light housing.
Thanks! Looks great.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ride rough roads and wonder how the bulbs would hold up on one? Is there a heat build up that would affect connectors? ........thanks for removal/insert instructions....getting spoiled w/utube videos for my Beetle 2000.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts