Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my Crosstrek 9 days ago, already put a hair over 1000 miles on it and I'm very happy so far! Averaging 27 mpg with the 5 speed. I took it out in my field and it performed very well in the mud and snow mix. I was rather shocked how much mud it would throw with just radials on it!! Mine came with the Subaru rubber floor mats which I love, along with the rear cargo mat and splash guards. It snowed about 5 inches this past night (Central NY), on my way to work it drove amazingly! I used to have a zx3 focus with 4 snow tires, yet the crosstrek with all seasons drove so much better than the focus! I'm ordering a mesh grill, hitch to tow my boat, and a bike rack here shortly. I would recommend a Crosstrek to anyone, my moms even considering trading in her F-150 on one! ;D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Glad to hear the excitement! It's definitely a fun vehicle.

I'd recommend going with an aftermarket hitch. The Subaru one is ~$450 before labor to install (it replaces the rear bumper, as I understand) and only comes in 1 1/4". The Curt XV hitch can be had for ~$150 and Torklift offers one that stays hidden for $250.

I just can't see paying $450+ for a 1 1/4" hitch when there are better options available.

Anyway, enjoy your XV!

As an aside: how long have you been a runner? I've just recently started. Doing a 13.1 at the end of this month and hoping to do a 26.2 in October.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome!!! Looks like you know you already that you made a great choice. We are a small but growing community... Just wait and see.

Throw some pics up on the autoshow forum!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
Hi Runnerguy!

I just got my first subaru a few days ago myself and love it. only 200 miles here so far, but I'm thrilled with the gas mileage- 28 so far with the CVT in mixed driving. I expect I'll only get happier with it from here!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes most of the miles are to work (75 mile round trip) and add an extra 20 mile on top of that two days a week when I go to school. Today's my 14th day and a hair over 1400 miles.

And yes I am a runner! Typically stick with 5k's (mid to low 16's) and 10k's (mid 33's).

And for the hitch I with out a doubt not dealing with subaru! 450 < 150!! Plus from my understanding hitches are relatively east to instal, couple bolts and plug into the tail light. Even if I can figure it out, a shop near me will install for 65 buck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.