Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
On 02/19/19 I bought A 2019 Subaru crosstrek premium with eyesight. The color is dark grey metallic. For about 3 months prior I was researching all kinds of vehicles and test driving them. I was looking for a smaller suv so I was looking at everything in that class. A guy I work with is a huge Subaru fan and suggested I try out a crosstrek. I made an appointment for a test drive and the second I sat in it and turned the key I knew that was the car for me!
The more I drive it the more I love driving it. Since I purchased it I bought some accessories like the crossbars and a hitch for my bike rack. I also got the front side windows tinted to match the back. I was going to put a light tint on the windshield but I was advised against it since I have the eyesight cameras.
I am also looking at getting the side window deflectors and the body side molding. I was also looking for a bug deflector for the hood but I heard they don’t make them for the 2019 because of the eyesight cameras.
I hope my new subie lives up to Subaru’s reputation for longevity and reliability.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congratulations on your new Crosstrek. Consider auto dim mirrors if you don’t already have them. Night time driving will never be the same.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My first subie as well. I've had a 2018 for a year and a half now and absolutely love it! Does wonders in the snow and somehow I get many more compliments on the looks than my previous vehicle. Not sure why, because it was a Honda minivan.:D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t get a chance to drive mine in the snow yet since I bought it just after winter. I live near Chicago and my job I had closed after 18 years of working there and was only 3 miles from my house.I got another job but it is 51 miles away and all interstate driving. I wanted to get a better vehicle that was was great in snow and gas mileage. After months of research and test drives I chose my subie. I had a 2013 Nissan Versa which I bought new but wasn’t that great in snow and not too comfy on long daily drives. I know what you mean about the compliments. I never got them with my versa but I sure get them now!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah, I had a buddy that asked me why I didn't get an Outback or Forester due to cargo space. I told him I was just tired of driving the family truckster. :) I live in Portland and frequently have to parallel park. With the size, and now having a back up camera, I love it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A guy I work with has a forester and tried to talk me into buying one but I love the look of the crosstrek much better than the forester ��

1 - 10 of 10 Posts