Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
My my...that is stunning. Nothing brings me closer to Mother Nature than a trip to the mountains. Thanks for sharing ;) nice way to start road tripping!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RubySu said:
My my...that is stunning. Nothing brings me closer to Mother Nature than a trip to the mountains. Thanks for sharing ;) nice way to start road tripping!
Thanks! You're welcome. I have more photos with an Outback parked in front of my XV but I have to figure out how to make the file size smaller.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm not quite sure how- other than cropping and who wants to do that to beautiful scenery. :)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Have you camped up there? I really want to do it but there are so many different campsites to choose from I don't know where to start. I am into tent sleeping and all of that, but I like to have actual bathrooms on site, too. I don't want to rough it TOO much!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ClubCrosstrek said:
Have you camped up there? I really want to do it but there are so many different campsites to choose from I don't know where to start. I am into tent sleeping and all of that, but I like to have actual bathrooms on site, too. I don't want to rough it TOO much!
Not yet but my friends and I are planning that. I've camped at Lone Pine, Ca in Inyo County near Independence, Ca. That site is nice and not a lot of people know the place yet I guess because it's fairly new. It's about a 3-3.5 hour drive from Ventura County.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
H15A said:
awesome. a shame that they dont allow dogs there..
Too bad :-[

Our Crosstrek and our four legged friends are our best companions in the outdoors.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Actually, nevermind they are allowed. Just some restrictions.

http://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/pets.htm

"For you and your neighbors to see and appreciate wildlife, please note that pets are not permitted on any of the trails in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.

In campgrounds and picnic areas, pets must be kept on a leash at all times. The leash must be less than 6 feet (1.8 meters) long. For your pet's safety, please don't leave pets in hot cars. Pets cannot be left tied and unattended at any time.

In the National Forest, pets are allowed on trails. But the leash must be less than 6 feet (1.8 meters) long. See map below for locations of national forest areas adjoining Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Giant Sequoia National Monument is administered by the U.S. Forest Service.
"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts