Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from driving and biking thu/in OK,MO,IL,and WI. In all the miles I never saw another Crosstrek.

Saw alot of Subies. Mostly the new Forester's followed by Outbacks.

Not surprisingly in my unscientific study.... I saw the highest concentration of Subs in Wisconsin near Madison..... It is a liberal, treehugging mecca! :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
So... not to take anything away from Wisconsin. You need to take a drive to Boulder CO. or any of the Mountain Towns along I-70 in CO. That is Subaru Central.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep an eye open this Thanksgiving when we take our annual pilgrimage to the Broadmoor. It ain't Boulder but it is cool!

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's one thing about Subaru ... they know exactly what their target market is, and that's where they focus. In Montana, you see Subarus all over the place in the mountain, outdoor-lifestyle towns like Bozeman and Missoula, but you get out into the ranch country further east, and you could drive hundreds of miles without seeing a single one.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Montanan said:
That's one thing about Subaru ... they know exactly what their target market is, and that's where they focus. In Montana, you see Subarus all over the place in the mountain, outdoor-lifestyle towns like Bozeman and Missoula, but you get out into the ranch country further east, and you could drive hundreds of miles without seeing a single one.
Exactly....when I cross from SC into NC the highway starts flowing with Outbacks and Foresters. I've only seen a single XV (orange) though....I'm sure that will change over time.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Wingnut said:
Just got back from driving and biking thu/in OK,MO,IL,and WI. In all the miles I never saw another Crosstrek.

Not surprisingly in my unscientific study.... I saw the highest concentration of Subs in Wisconsin near Madison..... It is a liberal, treehugging mecca! :)
Sounds great! got some pics?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wilco1973 said:
Wingnut said:

Sounds great! got some pics?

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like a great trip!

Probably the same everywhere, but around here there are probably more Subies with bike racks than without. Only a very few Crosstreks so far though.

I'm fairly conservative, but with the purchase of my 3rd Subaru, my sister said, "That's it! I'm getting you a 'Hope & Change' bumper sticker!" :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sinker said:
I'm fairly conservative, but with the purchase of my 3rd Subaru, my sister said, "That's it! I'm getting you a 'Hope & Change' bumper sticker!" :)
LOL now that is funny right there. Sick and twisted...but funny! LOL

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the Bike-a-Mower was in front of a barn along the Badger State Trail somewhere in Southern Wisconsin!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wingnut said:

I am in the St.Louis area and was riding on Friday of this past week and saw a charcoal grey XV at the trail-head unloading mountain bikes as I was finishing my ride. Got to get a close look at their factory hitch and bike rack. I don't drive my XV much but I do see quite a few around the area, guess its just timing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts