Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1tqMVLLyX8nxt7Cs2

Hello! My name is ppatches; pa-patches not to be confused with pee-patches. I just picked up my first Subaru. I just picked this car up last weekend and I am already in love with it. It is the 2.0i Premium and whoever had it before me got a tint, swapped out the front emblem with a new orange and black one, but on the back its just a vinyl overlay, same with the steering wheel (Which looks great), and either painted or plasti dipped the front grill black. Yesterday I debadged except the SUBARU badge.

I plan on being here often. It seems like there is a great wealth of information on here and seems like people know what they are talking about.

Thanks!
-Patrick

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

Since you're new to the brand, I highly recommend you check out the "New to Subaru" thread if you haven't already.

What compelled you to get a Subaru? And what is your prior car history before switching to a Subaru? Also, any plans for off-pavement adventures to put that VDC, Symmetrical AWD, and 8.7 inches of ground clearance to work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks!

I will definitely be checking out the New to Subaru threads, I have already found great tire information on there.

I was checking out some 09 escapes and other Fords 09-15, possibly even an Audi. I Have seen so many Subaru on the road, have family and friends with them, and have pretty much only heard good things (except the tribeca?!). I came across a few posted with some damage at a price point I was looking at. Which is when it when all up hill will Symmetrical AWD. I went to a dealer to "look" and test drove my soon to be new car. I loved the way it handled and had all the features I was looking for. The CVT transmission is different than anything I have drove with my prior cars being an Expedition, Cherokee, Cherokee.

I'm based in CO, and I 100% plan on taking this bad boy off road/ on some trains in the mountains. As soon as I get some new tires. Possibly a few inch lift just because I love my ground clearance|not any time soon.

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Before tires and a lift, I'd recommend some skid plates first, the most commonly used being from Primitive Racing. Besides off-road, they've saved me from some potentially-expensive repair bills in every instance I've been forced to run over roadkill and road debris.

You planning on downsizing the wheels, or sticking to the stock 17" diameter wheels?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts