Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - if you are not aware, you can go to My.Subaru.com and register with your vin # to keep track of maintenance and recalls, etc.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Re: Re: My.Subaru Site

swfire271 said:
Hello - if you are not aware, you can go to My.Subaru.com and register with your vin # to keep track of maintenance and recalls, etc.
That's pretty cool, doing it right away. Thanks for sharing.

- Sent from my RAZR M using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
927 Posts
Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Uh-huh. It's telling me I'm due for my first oil change at 3,750 miles although the owner's manual says the interval is 7,500 miles. You would think Subaru would get this stuff straight on an official site.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Moonray13 said:
Uh-huh. It's telling me I'm due for my first oil change at 3,750 miles although the owner's manual says the interval is 7,500 miles. You would think Subaru would get this stuff straight on an official site.
ha! noticed that too... it has intervals at every 3,750, but has no service listed if you click on those.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks, ClubCrosstrek.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't even had much time to mess with it myself - was just sharing the initial finding of the site. It will be interesting to see if it is actually useful or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Oil changes every 3750 are recommended for anyone driving under the extreme/harsh driving conditions. This is in the owners manual. I can't remember the exact criteria off the top of my head but it has something to do with amount of start ups each day and the number of miles you drive per trip. Commuting and city driving is the biggest factor, I would say 90% of people fall into the extreme/harsh driving conditions.

I'm sure you can go every 7500 but I personally won't.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I got a response from SOA. It is pretty cookie-cutter so we'll see if I end up hearing anything more.

Thank you for contacting Subaru of America, Inc.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns with us. I will be sure to forward your message to the Webmaster for their review and consideration. All owners should refer to their Warranty & Maintenance booklet for Subaru's recommened schedule of service.

If there are any questions or concerns, owners can call us at 1-800-SUBARU3.

Best wishes,

Kelly Shinault
Subaru of America, Inc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Moonray13 said:
The first should be at or under 3500. Again at 7500, and 7500 thereafter. We have a good discussion going on over here on the subject:
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,495.0.html

·
Registered
800 Posts
Thanks for the link, Ill sign up after work today.

edit- turns out my vin was listed on the crosstrek accessories brochure at my desk. All signed up to track maintenance.

·
Registered
63 Posts
CJBROWN said:
Moonray13 said:
The first should be at or under 3500. Again at 7500, and 7500 thereafter. We have a good discussion going on over here on the subject:
http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,495.0.html
Yeah, I read that thread, too. Nothing there convinces me to do anything other than what Subaru recommends in the maintenance schedule.

And I've read these oil quality/change interval debates ad nauseum in motorcycle forums. Nothing new here. You've got zealots on both sides while most folks remain in the middle. Bottom line seems to be that catastrophic failure (which is what most folks are concerned about) simply is not going to happen whether or not you're using top shelf oil or changing oil at 7,500 miles instead of 3,000.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts