Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
later in the afternoon come dusk, my nav turns from daylight to night mode. however it does it too soon.

going through the menu, there's an option for daylight savings, but the image of the world is blacked out partially with this transparent black square. can't do anything there.

another option allows me to change the night time screen to something lighter, but still very dim until it's totally dark out.

am I missing an option somewhere?

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you turn your illumination/instrument light setting to the brightest setting, you'll feel a click and it will revert back to a daylight mode that is slightly dimmer. This is was I do in those situations.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You can also set the day/night mode switch to happen at set times instead of with the headlights that way you can choose when it will change.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can also set the day/night mode switch to happen at set times instead of with the headlights that way you can choose when it will change.
still trying to figure this one. i must be missing that step somewhere.

·
Registered
18 Posts
After starting up your car, navigate to the second page of options by pushing the arrow in the bottom left. It should give you the options of Bluetooth, auxiliary, and info. Your going to click info->settings. Once in settings there is an option to "Link to Day/Night View" and you will choose time instead of headlight.

Now it gives you an option for "Time Settings" underneath where you previously were. When you click that it will bring up a page to select the hour and minutes of sunrise and sunset.

Sunrise is when it will switch to day view, while sunset is when it will dim and switch to night. Try setting the sunset time to something later that way it stays bright for you.
Hope that helped!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts