Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am new to here and also this is my very first Subaru. Came from Mazda family since I know how to drive... been dreaming to get a STI since young but I guess I am a mini step closer lol!

Anyways, I need to get winter shoes for this yellow horse, I did search but still not sure of sizes I should get.

I am not raising the car so what is the largest size of tires that wont rub if I remain stock height with the below size of wheels?

WINTER or A/T tires:
Looking into General Altimax Arctic; Mich X-ice; BFgoodrich A/T K02; Falken A/T

• 16" x 7 (winter or A/T tires what sizes?)
  • 17" x 7 (winter or A/T tires what sizes?)
  • 18" x 7 (winter or A/T tires what sizes?)

Please recommend size of tires and model of tires. THANKS!!!

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
+1 for the altimax Arctic
First true deep snow tire I’ve ever had, as aposed to the usual M+S we put on in past winters.
Yet modern silicone tread is also amazing on cold dry highway pavment.

I have them on 17” 48 mm offset steel wheels.
I found this grouping of reviews.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I second this question.
I'm in stock geolandars and am debating between A/Ts like the Falken wildpeak trail for year-round use or getting dedicated winter tires and using the A/Ts for the other three seasons only. Anything do this?

Are A/T tires good in icy, cold weather driving with some snow? Any info on how good AT tires are on mostly clear highways in winter?

I'm guessing they are somewhere between all seasons and winter tires? Good enough for Winter driving.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the rim size 17x7 for trek2021? or i can fit wider ones? How abt the offset?

its 5x100 right? Can i also take 5x114.3?

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
For the last time: winter tires are not just for snow and ice. The tread compound provides improved grip in temperatures below 45F. THAT is the reason to get them--improved stopping distance and traction. And, no, they won't melt if you drive on them in higher temperatures. But all of you do all of you...

Also, if you want to try and maintain accurate speedometer and odometer readings, use Tire Size Comparison

·
Registered
9 Posts
For my experience, Falken Wildpeak A/T3's in 225/55R17 hit all the bells. No lift, Plus performance on & off road, very little or no road hum, excellent wet weather performance, hot or cold. Newest Silicon compound for endurance and bite.
And best of all.......You're not changing any Subaru engineering characteristics, so you're safer when it comes to deer, moose and car/truck dodging. IMHO

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a set of black alloy rims (OEM size 225/60 R17) through Costco Canada online. At the time $100 off for set of four. Then I got 4 Nokian Hakkepelita R3 SUV snow tires from Kal Tire. The tires were $80 off for set of 4 and $20 off installation so they were a great deal. Haven't had opportunity to try them in snow yet but they do drive and feel really nicely. Look great too. 2021 Outdoor model

·
Registered
7 Posts
For my experience, Falken Wildpeak A/T3's in 225/55R17 hit all the bells. No lift, Plus performance on & off road, very little or no road hum, excellent wet weather performance, hot or cold. Newest Silicon compound for endurance and bite.
And best of all.......You're not changing any Subaru engineering characteristics, so you're safer when it comes to deer, moose and car/truck dodging. IMHO
I like the sound of these. I have a limited with 225/55/18s, but Discount Tire doesn't have that size in the AT3/s. Can someone tell me the closest size to keep my stock 18" rims?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those at3's look almost too aggressive. I was looking at the AT trail. Which are designed more for our crosstreks rather than for full trucks...sounds like you're very happy with them though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Unfortunately the A/T3s aren't available in any size for my 18" rims. I ordered the Falken Wildpeak AT Trails, which still have the 3-peak mountain snowflake symbol but should run all year long. Discount has them near me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts