Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course I've seen the roof and hitch mounts, but is it possible to stuff mtn or road bikes with rear seat(s) down? Pics pleeease.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would advise against it for the sake of not damaging the interior, but I can tell you that it's a very easy fit if you take your front wheel off--two or three is possible if you must and don't care about scratching your bikes. Leave the front wheel on, and it will depend on the size of your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope there are pics with bikes upright sitting on the forks (front wheels off) in the rear compartment. Want to know how many can fit, 2, 3? Of course a rack will come later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sort of like this, in our Odyssey van. Sometimes I just don't want to bother using the rack, just throw the bike in there. Possible in the XV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here is samples of my Titanium Road Bike (Size 54cm) in the back of my Tangerine beauty. No issue whatsoever keeping the front wheel on (pics below on how close it gets to the front seat). The only issue I have is making sure that the rear tire quick release doesn't catch on the rear child safety latch tethers. No damage to the interior (outside of dirt that is easily wiped off), that is why I have the rear seat back protectors. :)

Hope this helps.

Pancho

·
Registered
500 Posts
no pics, but I have fit a 21" framed 29er in the back, though it was a tight fit. Same with a 61cm road bike. Had to put them in as in Pancho's pictures, but without the front wheel attached.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts