Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont (or the NEK). http://clubcrosstrek.com/index.php/topic,2873.msg26707.html#msg26707

I am interested in wheeling with folks in the northern latitudes of VT, NH, ME and maybe NY? While I am very remote in the 0857 I am willing to travel for some off-road adventures.

I recently drove down to the southern part of VT for an extended weekend of back country mountain travel and camping in my new Orange XV. It's fun to see other XVs on the road but seeing another Orangie is really exciting and we have been waving like maniacs to other Orange XVs as they pass. Hard to miss a bright orange Subaru...

At any rate. We'll see you out there and hit me up if there's a rally or wheeling event and even just a camping/hiking event.

-Steve

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm in southern MA but get up to Burlington, VT to visit my brother on occasion. Any recommendations on fun places to explore up there?
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
patrickowens said:
I'm in southern MA but get up to Burlington, VT to visit my brother on occasion. Any recommendations on fun places to explore up there?
Thanks
Awesome. I live in the NE of VT which is about an hour and 40 minutes away from Burlington. There are tons of places to go in VT. Vermont considers dirt roads easier to maintain than paved roads. Your best option is to find a Vermont road atlas that lists the class IV roads (logging roads). Be careful not to drive on a snow mobile or ski path though. Those are marked with Blue Diamonds or green squares. There are some cool paved roads too like 58, 100, 7A, and 4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts