Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent a lot of time reading this forum before I decided to get a 2018 Crosstrek and get the 15" Method 502 VTs and BFGoodrich KO2s ... so I wanted to share. :)

I think the wheels actually fit the rear fenders a little better than they did the 2017, and the front wheels don't rub any.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,941 Posts
Welcome to the club!

What tire size did you get for the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires? I think you might be one of the first people to get some all-terrains installed on a 3rd generation Subaru XV!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I got the 215/75R15s.

Specifically:

BFGoodrich T/A KO2 | LT215/75R15 | Load Range C
Method 502 VT-Spec | Matte Black | 15x7 | 5x100mm | +15mm

The tech who did the work said everything looked fine, but he put some zip ties on the rear wheel speed sensors to make sure the cables didn't rub.

I'm super happy with it. I've been driving a Miata for the past 6-1/2 years, so this little Subaru is actually kinda big to me. Today I bumped a curb trying to squeeze past someone to make a turn, and it was nice to feel the tire rub and not hear the wheel grinding on the curb. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the look, I am planning to go with 235/75/r15. But have you had any issues with the 15" rims rubbing on the brakes? Every time I talk to somebody I get "oh you might get issues trying to put on 15" rims."

From the looks of it you went with the limited edition, I got mine 2 weeks ago, have not put on the new wheels, I am waiting for winter...and then I am still debating weather to switch back to the stock tires next summer...at least until they are worn out. I don't see the point of paying for tires when I bought the vehicle and then not using them.

Have you done any other mods or just the tires, I also want to put a lift kit on eventually, but for that I will be waiting at least a year - I want to see how everything handles on the new redesign before I change anything too drastically.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Nice job! I too am going with the same set up. Funny, that's the same color I ordered. I just got a call from my dealer, who said mine is due a week earlier than expected. I cannot wait! Nice to see pics of the set up on the 2018.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice. I like the look

How is ride and handling ?

Did you get TPMS installed as well ?

How is noise level on pavement ?
What type of mpg would this set up return compared to stock which are certainly better rollers.

Not being tire savvy myself, would this set up be good for winter use and snow ?
If not or if there are other suggestions, I would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m getting the same wheels and tires on my 2017 and adding an Anderson 2” lift. It’s being done by a local Subaru dealership so my warranty stays intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would like to install michlen premium 235x55r 18" on 18 x 8 x 48mm spacing sparco rims on my stock height 2018 crosstrek. has anyone done this size tire and rim and were there any issues?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts