Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ikon is right, its kinda hard to suggest a dealership without knowing where you are! ;)

There are plenty of sites like truecar, edmunds, etc, that will give you a good idea of pricing and dealers in your area.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you don't know the car biz, or even if you do and don't have a fleet contact, AAA has a buying service that will also get a you a fleet deal.

Dealers are professional negotiators, so it pays to know what you might be able to get. Edmunds can be a big help with that. There's about two thousand profit in the cars at MSRP.

BTW, $2200 off is not $1000 under invoice. Unless you're talking second sticker which I've seen still around from time to time. That practice more or less went away in the 80's. ::)

·
Registered
927 Posts
I got mine for $500 below sticker... I'm ok with that... Since I got payoff on my trade which was higher than low retail.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got $1000 off MSRP, which was good I think, since I bought mine in November. Dealership inventories were scarce back then. I only got that deal when I was ready to walk away because they wouldn't budge off MSRP. You should be able to do better now--I'm seeing more of them on dealership lots.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I lucked out and got mine "used". Somebody decided they wanted a Tiguan after driving my XV Prem MT for 600 miles. It came with about $1500 in options (side molding, crossbars, etc.). I ended up paying $21k including everything (taxes,etc.)... ;D ;D

·
Registered
46 Posts
i got mine 1100 below msrp, and they gave me a pretty good deal on my trade in.... and then called me a week later and gave me 1000 more for my trade in. all in all.... im satisfied with what i paid for mine.

·
Registered
820 Posts
coreybarnett said:
i got mine 1100 below msrp, and they gave me a pretty good deal on my trade in.... and then called me a week later and gave me 1000 more for my trade in. all in all.... im satisfied with what i paid for mine.
They called YOU back and GAVE you MORE money back???! I've never heard of that but good for you! I'd never shop anywhere else! I Got 500 off sticker. This was Nov 2012 and like someone mentioned- not a ton of dealer willingness to negotiate. At just under 12,000 in miles, I consider it the best value I've ever paid for a new vehicle. So impressed.

Reactions: CappyC

·
Registered
74 Posts
After shopping around, we got about $1200 off MSRP & about another $1000 more for our trade by going to a dealer about 250 miles away. Our local stealership only wanted to take $500 off MSRP and give me loan value on our trade. So, I recommend shopping around. Overall we got a $2200 better deal.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes, bought from Josh at Puente Hills Subaru. Factory store, nice people, good deal. Get an internet quote before you go in. Stick to your guns.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bought mine online from a site called carsdirect.com...got 15 dealerships from all over the Bay Area to Yuba City and the area around emailing me...never ONCE talked to sales person whatsoever...requested it that way. Listed all the invoice option code #'s that they use and let it go from there. Wanted EXACTLY what they paid for it or wasn't gonna deal w/'em...Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn said (emailed !) they'd give me one rite offa the incoming delivery truck for 'their' price...told me they had a ton o' ppl w/FAT WALLETS walkn in2 their dealership daily so givn me this one at their price was no prob !! Took a cashiers chk 5 days later (via shuttle service from Chico !), said, "HI !" to the guy in charge of their Internet Sales...20 mins l8r, drove 75miles home to Chico ! Had 22miles on it when I got in and took off ! Best car deal I've ever had and will DEFINITELY do biz this way again...nuff sed...

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
steeba said:
Bought mine online from a site called carsdirect.com...got 15 dealerships from all over the Bay Area to Yuba City and the area around emailing me...never ONCE talked to sales person whatsoever...requested it that way. Listed all the invoice option code #'s that they use and let it go from there. Wanted EXACTLY what they paid for it or wasn't gonna deal w/'em...Gold Rush Subaru in Auburn said (emailed !) they'd give me one rite offa the incoming delivery truck for 'their' price...told me they had a ton o' ppl w/FAT WALLETS walkn in2 their dealership daily so givn me this one at their price was no prob !! Took a cashiers chk 5 days later (via shuttle service from Chico !), said, "HI !" to the guy in charge of their Internet Sales...20 mins l8r, drove 75miles home to Chico ! Had 22miles on it when I got in and took off ! Best car deal I've ever had and will DEFINITELY do biz this way again...nuff sed...
Never heard of carsdirect.com, how does it work? Do they charge a commission price? Sounds like it's a good deal!

·
Registered
53 Posts
ClubCrosstrek said:
steeba said:

Never heard of carsdirect.com, how does it work? Do they charge a commission price? Sounds like it's a good deal!

ClubCrosstrek: Kinda stumbled onto this site out of the usual meandering we all do chkn out stats on new car/car products. They charged zip and all the dealerships are at ur beck & call w/in hours ! The sales personnel that came onboard had an email signature: Internet Sales...in other words, most of 'em were pretty much experienced in doin' online car sales, i.e., no phone calls, links to inventory & most of all, no car salesman rhetoric ! In these days & times, I must say, quite a stress reliever !

·
Registered
109 Posts
steeba said:
... no car salesman rhetoric ! In these days & times, I must say, quite a stress reliever !
I didn't use that site, but I made my car purchase 95% through the internet sales rep at the dealership - all negotiation happened via e-mail, which was convenient for me in terms of time and not having to deal with on the lot pressure. The other 5% was test driving the car while my trade-in was appraised, signing the deal, and handing over a check.

I really would purchase again using this method. They knew I knew the numbers involved...yeah, maybe less profit for them, but much easier sale I would think in terms of the time they needed to spend on me.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.