Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my Crosstrek two days ago and love it already! My first Subaru, too. I am new to all wheel drive, having recently moved to the WNC Blue Ridge mountains from the Deep South.

·
Registered
354 Posts
readyami said:
Took delivery of my Crosstrek two days ago and love it already! My first Subaru, too. I am new to all wheel drive, having recently moved to the WNC Blue Ridge mountains from the Deep South.
Congrats on your purchase! We just picked ours up last night! Our 1st Subaru & all wheel drive also :) What color is yours? We got the desert khaki.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I went with Marine Blue. It's gorgeous. With the IMBA (International Mountain Bicycling Assn) membership perk, I got 2% below dealer invoice, so I saved about $2000 off the sticker!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know it's not a great pic, but it's all about the scenery and where you go, right? I need better pics of the car itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
readyami said:
I know it's not a great pic, but it's all about the scenery and where you go, right? I need better pics of the car itself.
So where is that? We live in the flat land of Ks so I always love seeing pics of mountains/hills :) Nice pic

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks, all! This is on the Blue Ridge Parkway right outside Asheville, NC....
I've only seen two Crosstreks on the road (both desert khaki) even though our Subaru dealership sells them before they're even off the truck! My husband has seen a dark gray one. I'd love to see a red one, which was the other color I was interested in.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
readyami said:
Thanks, all! This is on the Blue Ridge Parkway right outside Asheville, NC....
I've only seen two Crosstreks on the road (both desert khaki) even though our Subaru dealership sells them before they're even off the truck! My husband has seen a dark gray one. I'd love to see a red one, which was the other color I was interested in.
The Blue Ridge Parkway is beautiful. I grew up in Southeastern NC and my family used to camp up in the BRP at least once or twice a year so I really grew to love the area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, we love it here. We moved from Central Mississippi to the Asheville area in August 2011. We have barely scratched the surface of all there is to do outdoors!

·
Registered
820 Posts
readyami said:
Thanks, we love it here. We moved from Central Mississippi to the Asheville area in August 2011. We have barely scratched the surface of all there is to do outdoors!
Welcome! We love Asheville and hang a left there every time I'm on my way to Bryson. I'm building a cabin up there to get away from some of this Charleston humidity! If you're into kayaking/canoeing they're having the 2013 World Freestyle championship on the Nantahala river Sept, 2-8. About 70 miles west of you. Enjoy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a pic of it decked out with the new Curt hitch and Kuat Sherpa rack, ready to go mountain biking in Pisgah National Forest.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome! I love the Blue Ridge Moutains! Haven't been there in ages. Got family that lives in Blue Ridge Ga. Have with the Subie! My XV is also my first Subie. Enjoy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts