Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jon and I am a first time Subaru owner. I just couldn't pass on the Crosstrek, and since my wife and I are expecting a daughter soon I felt the Subie was the way to go. Even though I will be hauling babies and groceries I am still interested in offroad accessories and camping accessories for the crosstrek.
I have the limited crosstrek with the optional moonroof. I bought it with 11 miles on it and am up to 200 right now on about 1/4 of a tank of gas.
Nice to meet you guys and I look forward to swapping stories.
Jon

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome, Jon and congrats on the XV.... and more important... the LIL ONE!!! You have come to the right place for all kinds of things for the XV.... camping, hiking and even kayaking!

Enjoy CCT to it's fullest! We are a bunch of enthusiasts that share everything and anything we do with our XV's

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome to the club :) congrats on the daughter! The Crosstreks are awesome! This is a great club & a lot of great info out there & a great place to show of your crosstrek :) What color did you guys go with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We ended up going with the tangerine. We were trying to decide between that and the gray, but I was honestly a little tired of not having any color in my vehicles. The tagerine really catches my eye everytime I look at it. I ordered a Curt trailer hitch yesterday and it shipped today so I will try to post some pictures and instructions from when I mount it. I am also currently trying to decide on if, and what type of crossbars I should put on the roof rack. So if there are any suggestions...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Right on. The tangerine one is the way to go, I too have that color. It really stands out. Oh and welcome aboard

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey Jon WELCOME to the site! I spent four years of my life in central Texas...Ft. Hood. The best part was I worked part-time at Georgetown Hospital just down 35. I almost bought a house and stayed there in Round Rock after i got out of service. Family took me back home but I have nothing but great memories of Texas. Anyway, sorry for the nostalgia! Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome, Jon. Austin is such a great town. My grandparents had a home near Barton Creek when I was younger.

Look forward to exchanging ideas on the forum.

Best,

Brian

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome to the club Jon! Im sure you will find a wealth of information here.

I dont have any children yet, but the thought that the XV would be a good family car was definitely a concern of my wife and mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts