Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm Chad and I live in northern Maine on the U.S./Canada border.

I just bought a Crosstrek back in April and I love the car so far. I have owned a many cars and this is my 4th Subaru. My past Subys have been a 2002 Impreza Wagon, 2007 Legacy SE, 2009 Forester Limited and now a XV Crosstrek Limited.

I am a mobile electronics and computer tech. I tend to mod my cars in regards to lighting and such. In fact, I have already added a red ambient lighting LED in the overhead map light cluster. Many cars I have owned either came with or I added them; My Forester had a blue LED. I have also converted my front park lights to LED and replaced my low beam with an HID kit in 35w 4500k. I will post some of my mods in the near future when I have more time.

Best Regards to everyone!

- Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Welcome to the club! Good to know that you have expertise in the lighting area. I like the idea of the red map light. Maybe you can post some details on this so others can do it as well. It seems simple enough.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
Welcome, Chad! Sounds like you may be the go-to guy for lighting questions as I know there are a few threads floating around in regards to interior LED and the likes.

Thank you for signing up and I can't wait to see pics of the Crosstrek.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
ChadJCyr said:
Hey all, I'm Chad and I live in northern Maine on the U.S./Canada border.

I just bought a Crosstrek back in April and I love the car so far. I have owned a many cars and this is my 4th Subaru. My past Subys have been a 2002 Impreza Wagon, 2007 Legacy SE, 2009 Forester Limited and now a XV Crosstrek Limited.

I am a mobile electronics and computer tech. I tend to mod my cars in regards to lighting and such. In fact, I have already added a red ambient lighting LED in the overhead map light cluster. Many cars I have owned either came with or I added them; My Forester had a blue LED. I have also converted my front park lights to LED and replaced my low beam with an HID kit in 35w 4500k. I will post some of my mods in the near future when I have more time.

Best Regards to everyone!

- Chad
I hope you did that properly with HID-specific headlight housings (The Canadian market supposedly has them)...

Other than that, welcome to the club! I hope to someday modify some lighting on my future XV so I look forward to your knowledge and advice regarding electrical work :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
Welcome and congrats, Chad!!! Nice to have you on CCT!!!


Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Welcome to CCT! We are better off with your type of skills. Looking forward to seeing your work. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AWDfreak said:
ChadJCyr said:
Hey all, I'm Chad and I live in northern Maine on the U.S./Canada border.

I just bought a Crosstrek back in April and I love the car so far. I have owned a many cars and this is my 4th Subaru. My past Subys have been a 2002 Impreza Wagon, 2007 Legacy SE, 2009 Forester Limited and now a XV Crosstrek Limited.

I am a mobile electronics and computer tech. I tend to mod my cars in regards to lighting and such. In fact, I have already added a red ambient lighting LED in the overhead map light cluster. Many cars I have owned either came with or I added them; My Forester had a blue LED. I have also converted my front park lights to LED and replaced my low beam with an HID kit in 35w 4500k. I will post some of my mods in the near future when I have more time.

Best Regards to everyone!

- Chad
I hope you did that properly with HID-specific headlight housings (The Canadian market supposedly has them)...

Other than that, welcome to the club! I hope to someday modify some lighting on my future XV so I look forward to your knowledge and advice regarding electrical work :)
LOL... no I did NOT... Not yet anyhow. I installed them and made adjustments to alignment accordingly to see if the USDM housing would be "allergic" to them. I actually have no problem with "dazzling" headlights or have a significant amount of scattered light (helps they HIDs are 35w and pure white at 4500k and not blue). Perhaps not ideal like a purpose-built HID housing or projector, but still a world better than stock. No complaints from police nor oncoming motorists thus far. Thanks for your concern. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hector4Christ said:
Welcome to the club! Good to know that you have expertise in the lighting area. I like the idea of the red map light. Maybe you can post some details on this so others can do it as well. It seems simple enough.
Thank you. I will post some of my lighting mods soon. As soon as I have enough rep to post links and the like. I did many lighting mods on my Forester... though I am not sure if I will do the same on this Crosstrek.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top