Subaru XV Crosstrek Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all!!
I'm a new guy on the forum here but have had my XV since late October. I have a silver Limited and really, really enjoy it. I am in the Chicago land area and having been a Jeep and BMW guy, I like the combonation of 'rugid' and 'style' that the XV offers. To me, it is the best of both worlds. Although we didn't get the kind of winter we are normally used to, I was able to get anywhere I needed to when Chicago winter did appear.
I am a financial advisor and wanted something that not only looked good but could get me to any appointment when ever. The Subaru shows that I am responsable and savvy with my money. I hope that translates to me being smart and savvy with my clients money also. No one wants an advisor driving a car that is more than their yearly income so the Subaru is awesome because it covers all my needs and is great to drive.
I look forward to learning more from everyone and seeing what we all can do together in time.
Motor on!!!
Chuck

·
Registered
927 Posts
Welcome to the Club, Chuck and congrats on the wise purchase... we all seem to feel the same way with our decision to buy the VX.....

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey Chuck. Welcome to the site! Now, when the heck is the price of silver going to $50/ounce?? Kidding! Great writeup. Welcome :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome Chuck. I'm an almost newbie. I'm picking up my XV next week, but I started doing my homework here as soon as I ordered the car.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Welcome to the club Chuck! Looking forward to hearing the experience and opinions of a crosstrek with more miles on it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With currently 8,700 miles, I can give feed back with a few miles...let me know what you think...also, I posted about the airbox asking about it. Has anyone looked at it? There seems to be a lot of fabric and factory blocking in it...can that be removed for a little more air flow?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Hey, Chuck A, welcome to the site! There's only a few of you that have had your XV's for that long. Though I started the site back in July, I didn't get mine until late December, but ~7,000 miles later I am really loving it.

Thanks for signing up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Silver to $50 an ounce, eventually!! The planning I do is more defensive based planning. I can explain more if interested.
Now at 9,050 miles...still counting. Not many cars that I look forward to racking up miles in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts